Maybe a Classified Section ?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by TheStress, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was just thinking that a classified section, particularly for grow supplies, would be a great idea. Most people upgrade at SOME point and wouldn't mind helping other GC members acquire the old equipment at a fair market price. The logistics of the transactions and the issues that may arise from any transactions would be solely the participants responsibility and not GC (keeps you guys out of it).. Just a thought from a newer member who finds this resource you guys provided INVALUABLE !!! Keep up the good work, and great product

2. #2 soapman, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
    Yeah I don't really feel comfortable shipping stuff to people who grow, I don't feel comfortable giving my address to people I really don't know all that well so I don't know I thought a classified section is a good idea too but I there's a lot of reasons that it isn't too. I mean I don't know about you dude, but I don't have a PO box and I don't really wanna waste money on one.

It would be one thing if this forum wasn't dedicated around marijuana growers but it is and it is still illegal sooo..I'm gonna have to say no on this one, just for security issues.

3. Nice thought but no dude. I'm not a grower but I can give you a few reasons as to why this won't work. No way someone growing is going to be buying stuff on the internet off someone they don't know. PLUS, you can't sell things on the forum anyways and like soapman said, security issues.

4. Let me be a little more clear. If you didn't feel comfortable, don't participate just like anything else... some people like myself live in a medical state and are legit and have no reason to worry. Transactions with grow equipment are on Clist daily where I live. This wouldn't be applicable to everyone and anyone, just those interested in upgrading or those interested in downgrading... Sounds simple

5. #5 soapman, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
    But that's craigslist, If I buy a grow light off craigslist, that doesn't mean I'm growing marijuana...In fact the person that I'm buying it from would never even have to know what I'm using it for, it's not their business. Here you know. Leave it on Craigslist and help out your local peeps man. I know it seems like a good idea believe me. It's just very every reason why, I could give you a reason to no. I can assure you that even if it became an idea not only would mmj legal would need a way of being confirmed between both parties, the current rep system would probably be in place where a member selling would need a certain number of posts/rep to even post in a classified section....even on some car forums it works this way. But you are right people who don't feel comfortable don't have to participate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.