Maya calendar end date is this October 28, 2011?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Swills, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Or were they told be the best? lol the statement above is true, the Mayan calendar marks the beginning of a new world, an age of enlightenment where we will be privy to a great secret of the universe

2. #62 Swills, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2011
    Does anyone even look at the links, nay, the paragraphs I post? Or do some of you just read the title and respond to that? Seriously?

Calendar
    Here's some more info I'm gonna show you all. Have a look see

Tzolk'in

Origin of the Tzolk'in

3. Yeah man, we are living in cool times indeed. No matter how bad it can seem should look on the bright side because a new beginning is coming very soon. I'm hoping it kicks off with Alien Disclosure vs Economic Collapse :laughing:, but it'll prolly begin with the latter me thinks. Which is fine by me. I think its need and overdue. Clearly money is and always will be the root of all evil. I'd like to banish it

4. But then how many pinecones would an 8th cost? Haha Jp couldn't resist I'm sure it will be just like Y2K... A big badass party followed by waking up to regrets o the previous night

5. Party time! Lots of outdoor grilling I predict, but only if its this October, cause grilling in NY in Dec is cold

6. I need to know if Oct 28, 2011 still coincides with the procession of the equinox? Does anyone know?

7. who cares, no one KNOWS whats going to happen October 28th, 2011; December 21st 2012, or even tomorrow. Enjoying today is all you can really do.

8. the autumnal equinox is around sept 22nd.

octobers 21st is when Elenin is closest to earth. then a week later is when its all refreshes apparently.

9. #69 Ccoastal, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I know this guy that does... His name is google

10. You think I would be asking here if Google had the answer?

11. #71 Ccoastal, Aug 5, 2011
    Google: the equinox occurs at 9:04 standard mountain time September 23rd 2011

Took literally 25 seconds

12. I'm more scared of this motherfucking yellowstone volcano obliterating everything someday

13. #73 Solar Being, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
    It's clear you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Thanks anyways

14. Okay, so they can predict the exact date for the "end of an age" thousands of years in advance, yet cannot predict or prevent the demise of their own culture.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to blindly follow that train of though.

15. #76 AbydeBySolace, Aug 5, 2011
    This.

The calendar simply starts over.

16. #77 Verdurous, Aug 5, 2011
    You aren't getting it. lol You know how we have years, decades, centuries, millenniums, etc. to break up and divide time? Well, this is just the Mayan version of like an eon. Instead of it meaning "many generations" like it does to us, they actually developed a calculated timespan for it. They did predict the end of the world kind of like our turn of the millennium in 2000 didn't change anything except the date. People in our current time like to make a big deal about of calendar stuff and this is just no different than the insanity that surround y2k. A bunch of people will probably commit suicide because they worry themselves into a psychosis and the rest of the world will realise how stupid the idea of world ending just because our calendar changes is. I'm surprised people didn't realise it enough with y2k, but I guess it's a different civilisation that might've had contact with aliens, so it's different. :rolleyes:

17. #78 Ccoastal, Aug 5, 2011

Lol what a tool

Name-calling isn't welcome here, dude. -JD

18. My bday ;). Gunna be a fun one

19. Exactly, it's not an end, it's a new beginning.