May I rant?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by mushroomsatsuji, May 13, 2011.

1. That's so true about the volume thing, there'd be times where I'd jump up because it scares me.

Ads are everywhere, and its all about money. Those channels get paid to air those commercials, so they don't really give a shit about your tv viewing experience.

Money is a drug, and society is starting to OD on it...

Edit: just realized how old this thread is... watevs

2. pretty soon normal attire will be like that of nascar racers, no, actually there will be no jump suit, just various patches that make make-shift jump suits.

3. I was watching tv once, and started to notice how long a this one commercial seemed to be taking, so on the next break i timed that fucker. 8 minutes long!! Probably had about 4 seperate commercials in it. They then had 12 minutes of the show. I turned the tv off. So, someone said something about the average time a show has... well, i guess this show was paid the fuck off, cuz that shittttt sucked!!!!!

And on a side note. We are advanced enough where a "netflix" type program ShOuLd have EVERY single thing EVER recorded on TV and I should be able to watch anything, anytime ever. I feel that since we don't, we are not taking our tech steps correctly. I mean, sure, youtube does pretty good... but im thinking like the Google of tv or something. Like come the fuck on already. Oh, and no commercials... lol

4. yo just flip to cartoon network and watch the kids commercials

they're the best

5. Thats why you gotta get a dvr and record all your fav shows and watch em later and fast forward all the commercials

6. I got one. Im just too lazy to use it

7. yes there are a lot of commercials, but for some reason i don't mind it. have i grown complacent with this bullshit?

the only commercials i actually LIKE though are the ones on adult swim, including the bumps.

8. Its really quite simple.

9. Not when you're drunk

10. lol i dont use my dvr. i just stream shit whenever i want via the internet. search for the specific episode and season using the formula S_E_ (S01E09, for example) it's quite easy.

and i dont have to watch commercials.
    the only commercials i DO watch still are the ones on youtube, god those piss me off.

11. I rather like commercials. Sometimes I just watch infomercials. I have no clue why and no I don't watch them high...haven't smoked in awhile.

Commercials really aren't too bad....now tv and tv shows on the other hand...:mad:

12. I'm really sick of the fund an animal commercials.

and why are they using musicians for those commercials

13. Try watching Dr. Phil. That fucker takes a commercial break every 3 and half minutes.
    But what really bothers me about television programs is not so much the commercials. It's the fact that whenever the show comes back on, they replay the last 5 minutes you watched BEFORE they went to commercial. Then they'll show 5 or 6 more minutes of the program, and it's time for another frickin commercial again. I really hate that.

14. #54 ___, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    What a vile, disturbing thing to say. Wow. Drunk or not, that's just awful...

Solution to your problem: Turn it off. The thing rots your brain anyway.

15. i can't believe i didnt see one 'cool story bro'. is this real life?

16. no man.. local commercials are the fucking WORST. :mad:

so god damn awkward. i mean even the camera angles are fucking weird, the sounds suck and they are yelling in one part, and whispering the next.

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

17. Attention people who complain about internet advertising and pop ups*

Just get adblock plus!

Completely gets rid of ads on youtube and blocks all image ads. Its amazing.

You can get it on firefox and chrome for free check it out in the add-ons section.

For firefox go to tools/Add-ons then search for ad block plus, believe me. You'll thank me later.

18. What I REALLY FUCKING HATE is when the main thing I'm watching is on a commercial break, so I go to 4 fucking other programs and guess what? THERE ALL COMMERCIALS! WTF, can you please coordinate with each other so there not ALL commercials at the same time?? Makes me wanna cut bitches.

19. oh go get a sense of humour. jeez.