May 21/11 - Judgement Day?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by RedeyeJedii, May 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Because it matters what the Bible says... :laughing:

2. Its also interesting how a man can be proclaiming a date all over the world - and only certain people hear, consider and research the Bible to test it.

The rest scoff.

This amazes me...yet its exactly as God predicts.

3. Meh, I don't think I believe in the whole "Christians will gather in the sky" bit. It says in the Bible that whoever calls upon the lords name will be saved, and if you see a large amount of the population just disappearing, it will become quite obvious, giving life in itself no meaning. No, I believe us Christians will have to endure the punishment of the rapture, and must remain strong throughout it. Just as the disciples had to go through tough lives and tough deaths.

And yea, it also says in the Bible that no man knows the exact date or hour.

4. Brilliant rebuttal. Afraid of directly addressing the issues contained in your theory?

It's no secret that christians have fail-proofs in their arguments like this "its as god predicts" thing. Whatever you can't explain you can easily attribute to god because you wrote him as omnipotent. Sounds more like you're afraid of information.

Why don't you run along and come back when you put your big boy pants on?

5. Er, I finally clicked the link. Does it even say what's going to happen? Or does it just talk about how some chick is devoting her life to believing the end is on may 21st? :s

6. Websites I've seen basically stated it'll be a zombie apocalypse.

So even if it's true, I'm prepared.

7. #27 thoughtware, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011

I'm not convicted that there will be a "rapture" - I still think this is a church teaching, although Enoch (Genesis 5:24) and Elijah (2 Kings 2:11) were taken up to heaven without dying, so it is Biblical. But I believe some kind of change will occur in God's elect.

Yet, if we do remain on earth when God decides to pour out his wrath, there is A LOT of scripture that indicates God's elect will NOT endure the punishment. Psalm 91 is a good place to start.

Actually, the Bible very clearly states you CAN know if you are of the light (Truth). Since God reveals that Truth is the Word of God (John 17:17) - and commands his people to "watch" by studying the Truth (Mark 13:37), you most certainly can know. (1 Thessalonians 5:1-6)

8. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, for you have become your own authority.

9. thats my harvest day!

10. That's an event I can get behind

11. And you've let a fairytale book become yours.

12. yet its not exactly as G-d predicts, according to Jesus

mark 13:32- "but no man knows the day or the hour, not even the angels, or the son, but only the Father"

this answer was given at the end of the parable of the fig tree, which tells the signs that the end is near

so if the end of the world is a closely guarded secret, that not even Jesus is aware of the date, why would some senile man be let in on the secret before Jesus?

i'm not a christian, so this isnt a problem for me. but its a huge problem for christians who are following this false prophet: they are denying the words of their own savior, and engaging in an activity that G-d Himself says is futile

13. you are twisting scripture. G-d commands man to watch for the SIGNS. have all the signs, according to books like Daniel, in the old testament, and Mark in the new, been fulfilled yet? not even close

G-d says that man can know of the signs of the end, in order that we might be prepared. we do not know the window of time that the signs will occur in. it could be a mere weeks, or it could be dragged out 1000 years. Jesus himself says "I come like a thief in the night." Well, thieves dont generally announce their coming to the world, and this is exactly what both the old and new testaments proclaim: nobody knows, so prepare that you will be ready whenever it happens, because it will happen in a flash.

14. I'm glad it's none of my concern whose prophet is false or not, I can see people disagreeing on which one of their human counterparts are the real messengers of god though. :cool:

15. Everyone quotes that verse - which is fine. But why do people refuse to read these verses?

Anyway, true believers are not listening to any man - only to the Bible. This man is not speaking on his own authority - he is simply referring to the Bible. If trust's God's word - and tests it in the Bible - the date of May 21, 2011 fits.

16. How do people not see how mind blowingly absurd and ignorant it is to believe that we can discern the fate of the world by an old book written and rewritten countless times? I am genuinely afraid for these people and I worry to see the aftermath of May 21st when nothing like this does happen, or some suicide cults come together ala Applewhite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.