Maxs First 50/50 Coco/perlite Hempy Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by maxheat, Aug 17, 2014.

1. #1 maxheat, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    Hey GC.. Its been a while and I finally have the time, money, and space to start a grow. This was my last post lol. And I germ'ed those seeds so here we go. If you want to check out my last grow it's in my sig. This will be my 3rd grow attempt, 2nd with Hempy. I don't see anything holding me back from a harvest this time around.

Materials:

GL80L 2.5x5x6.7 Tent
    Advanced Platinum DS200 300w 11 band LED ( ordering one more when flowering )
    Ventech 4" Inline fan 190CFM
    Canna Coco
    Perlite
    Ph testing kit with Ph up and down

Seeds:

Cali Connection Blue Dream Haze (FEM)
    TH Seeds Lambo aka Rambo x2 (REG)
    Critical Jack Herer (FEM)

After looking at many many other journals and grows I decided to start my own. Those same seeds I kept were dropped in water 2 days ago, one of the Rambo's had a tap root coming out but all the others just sunk. So now I'm just waiting for sprouts and I'm workin on gettin the temps down atm. Water is tap that sat out for a day and ph'ed to 6-6.5. They're in 50/50 coco/perlite hempy solo cups for now, soon to be transplanted to those 4gal bins you see in the pics.

Ill order the nutes, cal-mag, carbon filter, and anything else I need next week. Ill update weekly after I see sprouts and if anyone wants to give me tips or info Im all ears!!! :smoke: :gc_rocks:

Attached Files:

2. Woah woah woah, Why'd your girl kill em? accident?

3. She got tired of the smell and maintenance. It was at her house and I couldn't get a friend to take them so she chucked them in the trash :mad: .

4. #4 maxheat, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    Back after years of down time I decided to start a grow again. The last grow you see up there didn't make it out of the ground. Same method as before (Hempy).

Well this is attempt 4. Ill keep this short because I've had so many attempts and little success. Temps are 84 with humidity at 50. Water is PH'ed to 5.5-6 with a few nutes in there. PPM is about 800. RO was incredibly high at 1500 but I've been watering with straight PH'ed water to get that down. Very minor burn on bottom leaves.

Day: 13 on Blue and 7 on Power. Power had a small amount of rooting powder.

Seeds:
    Dinafem Power Kush
    Dinafem Blue Hash

Nutes:
    Advanced Nutrients:
    Bloom
    Grow
    Micro
    B-52
    Cal-Mag

A couple pics of the progress so far. Transplanting to their final homes on Wednesday. Ill update weekly...

IMG_0717.JPG IMG_0724.JPG IMG_0725.JPG IMG_0731.JPG IMG_0733.JPG IMG_0734.JPG

5. Day: 14 Blue and 8 on Power. Just updating because they've been transplanted. Runoff PH was 6.5 and PPM was 350. Ill increase the nutes in a few days. They're in 4 gallon Hempy buckets with a perlite reservoir. Temps at 81 and humidity is 60! I'm scared about the humidity but its going to veg for another month or so.

Lights are at 20/4 schedule until they break the shock from the transplant, then it'll be 18/6 for the rest of the veg.

Attached Files:

6. Week 1 since they've been in their final home. (I'll say week one and update every Sunday)
    And I added some close ups. Anyone see deficiencies? And the leaves curling up is from the heat?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Early update but I just did some LST on blue and power. I'm sure I'll need something stronger than zip ties soon lol. Trying to let them starve for a day or so before I feed again. I'll change the light cycle next update (Sunday) to 18/6. I also raised the lights and they seem to like it better at about 3 feet.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Week 2: Blue is on day 26 and Power is day 20. Light schedule is currently 19/5. Later on in the week it'll be 18/6 until Aug. PH is 5.5-6 and PPM was increased to 650 but I'll have to dial it down a bit due to the small amount of burn on some tips.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. Week 4: Next Sunday is gonna be the start of the flowering process. Blue and power are about 1 foot tall a piece. I'm modifying the closet door for ventilation. I'll have pics of that next week. I also supercropped both plants on almost all bud sites.

No replies got me thinkin no one is watching lol but this is the first grow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Week 5: It's the end of the veg stage. They're in 24 hrs of darkness until tomorrow evening to start the flowering stage. Power and Blue are over a foot tall.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Week 6/1 (of 12/12): Quick update.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. What happens with this?

Smoke Weed Everyday :weed:

13. Forgot to take pics but I'll do the update tonight when lights come on. Bud sites are still so small... Seems like I need more light

14. #15 maxheat, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Week 7/2: Blue and Power are at 27 inches tall. Buds are small but they're coming. I've been increasing the feed to about 900-1000 ppm. Anyways.. Here's the pics. Not sure why it won't upload HD quality pics.

IMG_0881.JPG IMG_0882.JPG IMG_0884.JPG IMG_0885.JPG IMG_0886.JPG IMG_0887.JPG IMG_0888.JPG IMG_0889.JPG

15. If I'm correct you're saying 2 weeks of flowering? give it another 2 weeks if they don't start looking more like buds then you might need more light but mine took a while before they REALLY started to get fat now everytime I look it seems all of the nugs are fatter I'm on week 6 and 4 days so almost 7 weeks in flowering it takes time and I was using cfls i just recently upgraded to hps

16. Yea just 2 weeks of flowering.. I'm being patient tho since I still have about 7 weeks left. I'll be ordering another led tonight. Probably Mars since it's cheaper.

17. #18 maxheat, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Its not sunday but just a quick pic update. I did sum trimming last night. And I ordered another LED earlier this week. Galaxyhydro 300w Led.. its suppose to be 5w instead of my DS200 3w. Either way.. it should give me the extra light I need so I can spread it out. They've been growing too close to eachother.. time for a separation!

IMG_0898.JPG IMG_0899.JPG IMG_0901.JPG IMG_0902.JPG IMG_0906.JPG 81u1IFYSVBL__SL1500_.jpg

18. Week 8/3: I did a little trimming on the bottom half. Anything that wasn't really budding was taken off. Blue and Power are just shy of 3 feet. I'll get sum better pics next week.

IMG_0908.JPG IMG_0911.JPG IMG_0913.JPG IMG_0914.JPG IMG_0915.JPG IMG_0917.JPG

19. Quick update: pics of the new light.. and I got a carbon filter finally. I also flushed the girls for the first time with a pinch of table sugar and ph'ed tap water. NOW the fun begins!

IMG_0919.JPG IMG_0922.JPG IMG_0924.JPG IMG_0925.JPG

• Like Like x 1