Max's Blueberry Auto Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by wildthingmax, Aug 21, 2017.

1. #1 wildthingmax, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Firstly thank you for reading this and thanks in advance for any tips or help. So after 30 years of bumbling around and paying too much for weed and smoking countless bags of ditch bank bullshit im jumping down the grow your own rabbit hole. Living in the eastern part of the USA and two houses down from a k9 officer keeping things small and discreet are my number one concerns. Im starting off germinating three seeds with the hopes that at least two will provide about 2-3oz of wonderful relaxing herb.

Seeds: 3 Growers Choice Seeds Tangerine Dream and 3 Growers Choice Blueberry Auto Flowering

Water: General Hydroponics PH tester and up and down

Nutes: General Hydroponics Flora grow, micro, and bloom

Containers: 3 - 2.5 gallon and 1 - 4 gallon

Medium: Half ocean forest soil, 1/4 perlite, 1/4 coco coir

Lights: Mars Hydro 300W LED

2. The price you spend on 14 cfls u could buy a decent LED on Amazon or EBay. But more importantly what's the demensions of your room. This would help with giving suggestions on setup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm growing in a closet so like 12 square feet. What are some LEDs you recommend? Thanks

• Like Like x 3
  4. I 2nd @Jax69 's suggestions. I myself have a viparspectra 450w. Also I have seen many successful grows with both mars and galaxy. The Mars rep on these forums is named Sara and she has a pretty good relationship with the grasscity community. Also i "think" mars has the best warranty of the 3. I would try to message Sara and try to work out a deal.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Smokesara is her username on GC if you decide on Mars.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I never thought about the LED route because I wanted to keep it low cost but a mars hydro would definitely be the way to go until I find out if all three of my seeds are going to make it then I can buy another one in a month or so. Thanks so much you guys this has really been a help.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hey and it's easy on the electric bill....mine only went up $50 and I run 3 LEDs. Also a single light won't raise the temperature very much. I started with cfls I got from Lowe's $10 each 150w...They were ok at best. You will benefit from LED WAY more!

Fem Auto (Amnesia Haze) Come on in and share your auto grow! This is my first

Bag seed grow journal (Flowering)

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Thank you @virginislandsherbs

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Hi @wildthingmax
    I'm Sara, if you decided on Mars, you can check eBay, we do monthly promotion sale during Aug. all our products have big discount. if you interested feel free to contact me:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hey Sara thanks I did buy a 300w. Thanks so much.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thank you for your support, any problem feel free to contact me
    Hope you received the light soon and happy growing!

12. #15 wildthingmax, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    After letting the three tangerine dream seeds sit for 5 days in a moist paper towel and no signs of popping I scuffed two and one was dropped and lost. I placed the two seeds in some water in a dark area where it is warm and only one is showing some slight signs of cracking after about 16 hours.

The three blueberry seeds were placed in some water as well and all three have cracked and are showing small pieces of tap roots. I wasn't very impressed with how long it took for these seeds to pop considering the testimonials of other people with other seeds but I am impatient.

I feel like the tangerine dream seeds may have been old or frozen considering that they were not that popular of a seller on their website. This is only from what I have read about seeds taking a long time to pop.

I am waiting for the tap roots to get at least 1/4 inch long before I plant. I have set up two 2.5 gallon containers with the above medium and a four gallon container in which I added about a two inch layer of coco coir and mixed it up to fill the pot up more. Im planting my best looking seed in this mix and giving it prime real estate under my grow light.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #16 wildthingmax, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Got the three Blueberry autos planted and sitting under my light. My grow space is a little crusty right now because im painting some inserts flat white right now and I wanted to go ahead and put my babies in some dirt. I've got a small fan blowing across the top of the pots and the room is currently 70 degrees with about 45% humidity. Ive got my MarsHydro 300w about two feet above my pots. My two tangerine dream seeds havent changed at all.

20170823_220810.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. #17 wildthingmax, Aug 27, 2017
    Day 3
    my little mamas have popped forth. Im scared my soil may be too cold so ill see what I can do about that. The soil is cool to the touch so im going to take its temperature in the am. The tangerine dream seeds are basically trash. Im going to wait the required time to see about getting replacement seeds from GC. I have been reading tangerine dream was a bitch to grow anyways so it all worked out. I've got a fan blowing lightly across the tops of the pots and and my temperature is about 70-74 varying. The humidity has dropped to 35% but its going to be raining for the next couple of days so im not worried. Screenshot_20170826-184722.png

• Like Like x 1
  15. #18 wildthingmax, Aug 27, 2017
    Day 4
    Well my impatience has screwed me again. I pulled the shell casing i guess you call it off of plant 1 and now one of the cotyledon is brown and wilted looking. It seems to still be growing the two starter leaves from what i can tell but i dont know if its going to make it. From what i understand the two cotyledon are important in its early stages of life.
    20170827_085847.jpg
    The other two plants are doing great though. Plant two in the 2.5 gallon container looks great and plant 3 in the four gallon container looks good too. Im glad the four gallon container plant is doing good because I hope to get the most buds from it.

Plant 2
    20170827_085935.jpg

Plant 3
    20170827_085915.jpg

Light distance 1ft 8 inches
    temp 74 hum 42%

• Like Like x 1
  16. #19 wildthingmax, Sep 1, 2017
    Day 8 the girls are growing pretty good. I watered them this am and I have a fan blowing on them. I had to tie down plant 2 because shes taking off so good and almost fell over. I think my coco mixture was a little too strong in plant 3 because its not growing as fast and didnt get as dry as quick, of course its also in the four gallon container as well. Plant 1 with the missing cotyledon is still growing but shes the slowest. I hope the stress wont cause her to turn hermie. My light is about 16 inches above plants and I keep it on 24hours unless my house is going to be empty for a long period of time.

Plant 1 20170901_152613.jpg

Plant 2
    20170901_152550.jpg

Plant 3 20170901_152602.jpg

Temp 69
    Hum 34%

• Like Like x 1
  17. #20 wildthingmax, Sep 3, 2017
    Day 10
    Plants were looking a little purple a couple of days ago so I put a space heater in with them. The temp before was around 68-70 now it stays around 74-80. I thought they were growing a little slow but after doing some research on auto blueberry they seem to be growing fine.

Plant 1
    20170903_112522.jpg

Plant 2
    20170903_112551.jpg

Plant 3
    20170903_112617.jpg

• Like Like x 1