maximum yield

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cyproz, Oct 19, 2008.

1. ok im about to start growing using the CFL method because of energy problems and i cant use that much energy in my apartment. I want to grow one plant so how many light and what mixture of them should i use. I was thinking 3 23watt 6500k and 2 23watt 2500k and i want to leave them on 24/7 for vegatative stage unless the 18/3 is better. I plan on putting in my closet which has plenty of room for one plant. I want to know if i should add any more lights or maybe line the wall with that shiny stuff cause i heard tin foil isnt good. I want maximum yield with this method. I have a fan and a heater and i plan on adding nutes too. Im going to use the organic potting soil. what can i do to increase my yield?

2. since you want to save electricity, do the 18hr veg cycle. i dont understand what youre saying about the lighting, if your growing 1 plant (?) then you shouldnt need more than 1 400wt sodium. At worst 1 250. you dont need a heater, it will be plenty hott. You shoudl try to do at least 2 or 3 plants, since you wont be able to grow them very tall (due to low lighting and space) so 2or 3 short ones will give a better yeild than one tall skinny , top heavy one. Also teh strain is important. Too many questions to your set up . do u have options to get more plants ?

and yes , line the wall with shiny stuff, lol, its called mylar, get 2mil, and line the floor, walls roofs, every piece of wall that will help with the lighting. do not use tin foil

3. hes not going with hid's.. hes going with cfls. so hps and mh are out the question for him.

i suggest you atleast grow two plants. incase one turns out to be a male.
    Also, read the stickys. there is a lot of info that you should be taking into
    consideration for growing. maximum yeild depends on many factors. So like
    i said make sure you read up and research before jumping into the deep end.

4. well the closet is 4'7" wide, it is 5' 6" tall to the shelf and if i can remove that its about like 7' 5" tall in there, and its about 2 feet deep. I guess i can fit 2 plants in there. Um i thought the CFL method doesnt use any sodium to save energy. but if you dont think its going to use that much energy then ill use one sodium, should i get a 400 watt if im doing 2 plants? O and the strains i picked are greenhouses lemon skunk and alaskan ice because i like fruity strong bud. o and im buying them both feminized in 5 packs so if i fuck it up i have 4 more seeds of each to use.

5. yeah get a 400wt sodium or 2 250s. dont worry about using too much electricity because those wont use shit anyway overall. for sure put 2 plants in there if u can. and remove the shelf, line the closet with mylar. get a small fan, and make sure when the lights are off in there its totally dark. set the lights to be on at night, from 6pm to 6 am when flowering. this is good cuz its cooler at night and the meter wont be spining when the guy checks it , not that its going to be spinning that fiast anyway, but just to be safe.
    if youre starting with seeds, plant them all or at least 4 of them so you get 2 good ones, even if they are female you want the best ones that fit your set up, you can throw away the others or sell them or give to a friend

6. #6 Cyproz, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
    ok well i guess ill switch back to planning on the hps style of growing if you think that it wont use to much energy. where can i find the cheapest 400 watt sodium? also where are some good guides about adding nutes and trimming cause those are the only things i haven't researched or know about.

7. yo

yeah i would deffo recommend going with the hps the yeild would have alot more potential this way and the light will use no more than £15 a month if that

all i know is a 600 hps is about £20, if that

but yeah heres a great site for HPS lighting, the good thing is the 400 hps is just £10, yes £10 more than the 250

and you get like double the lumens

peace

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/details.asp?productid=802&subcat=189&cat=182