Maximum Wage?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dannyszu, Feb 12, 2014.

Rush babies, they're everywhere ...

My guess is the only thing in his fridge is Kool-Aid. 

3. Oh YeEAH!

4. Rush babies or Bush rabies.....Same same I guess...lol

Houses in cali can cost 500,000 for a quarter acre?

You are expecting the worlds population to cram themselves into little 1/4 of an acre squares?

The minimum wage came into existence for racist reasons to force low skilled blacks out of the labor force. Historically your "Progressive" icons were nothing more than huge racists. 

Example: In 1925, a minimum-wage law was passed in the Canadian province of British Columbia, with the intent and effect of pricing Japanese immigrants out of jobs in the lumbering industry.
    &
    In South Africa during the era of apartheid, white labor unions urged that a minimum-wage law be applied to all races, to keep black workers from taking jobs away from white unionized workers by working for less than the union pay scale.
    &
    Supporters of the first federal minimum-wage law in the United States - the Davis-Bacon Act of 1931 - used exactly the same rationale, citing the fact that Southern construction companies, using non-union black workers, were able to come north and underbid construction companies using unionized white labor.

But whatever, I like your version of economics better. Facts? Who needs em.

So if I support a minimum wage, am I racist?

8. Currently? Probably not. Economically illiterate perhaps (assuming you do support a minimum wage).

9. Oh ok thanks. Just making sure there was no point to your post.  :smoke:

10. I earn a above average wage and live comfortably, a max wage would be beneficial in an ideal world. However we do not live in an ideal world, the people making the decision on wether or not to impose a maximum wage will be exceeding the cap themselves. How very communist of you.

11. You guys are speaking some serious economomy code here...it's best I dart outta this one