maximizing the yield

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Kaleidoscopic, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Hello, lovely evening to you all.

What are the best ways you experienced growers have found to increase yield? I know the basic pruning, tellising, and a couple others... I am focused on what are the best lights to use? and what should I use them at the regular scheduling or not? What have you found to maximize the yield?

2. lst worked well for me, and lights i have an hps...i dont know what u mean by regular scheduling? u can also top, crop, lollipop methods

3. Use pure water, like ro water, almost double your yield

4. Co2 big dog! 30 percent increase! And in my opinion your climate then your Nutrient recipe will be big factors. Tap or RO water will work some what the same but most prefer RO,, I know I do

5. u could also instead of 12/12 u can do 14/10...it will take longer to finish but then u will also have a slightly larger haul.

6. proper genetic strain
    CO2
    more light
    raise temp
    lower humidity
    vertical grow (stadium style)
    quality (aggressive) feed formula
    allow full term to harvest

7. What bulbs do you guys use for higher yeilds? I need to buy my light and bulbs but I read not to use a hood... what do you all think? Can anyone recommend me a site to get some cheaper premium bulbs? Thanks.. and great answers everyone it really helps out a lot!

Anyone have some good tips on compost tea?

8. #8 buddybanana, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2013
    correct, no hood. They are a un-needed expense and you get a better light distribution on to your plants by having the bulbs hang vertically. There is a lot of info available about this so I don't need to redo it all here. Basically go vertical grow because the top colas always get big so you want to give some light down to the smaller lower limbs and bulbs and that is wher eyou gain the weight.

I don't fuss a lot over type of bulb. Out of four 1k in veg I have 1 halide and 3 hps, wide spectrum, I guess you call them. The flower rooms are all hps. A number of people I know are going to the 940 conversion bulb But I am not exactly sure why as it isn't that much power savings.
    Of course like a lot of things youdo get more the more you spend. Last year I bought a case of bargain Chinese bulbs. Not again, they simply fell apart and one sort of blew up inside when it came on. If I need thrills I will stick to buying fireworks from my native friends!

PS make sure you wire up you lights correctly with the proper boxes and wire size. Safety First!!!

pps On the vertical grow, set it up with benches or stadium blechers as they are called. First one is about 20 inches of the floor and second level is about 35 or so inches off floor. If your room is 6 feet wide (ideal) and you do 2 2x10 wooden benches each side(4 total) it leaves you a 32 inch walk way in the middle and your lights hang in the middle (3 feet from each side) and the lights should ideally be every 2 feet, staggered up and down by about 20 inches. When you are working in the room turn off all but the last light, easy care! no bending over as all your plants are about waist high and getting max light. Put trays for run off under the plants and slightly slope the benches and the water is taken care of. Here agian a little research and thinking will make it all clear.
    This is the max yield set up.
    Good luck

9. I would not bother with compost tea on an indoor grow. It runs counter to the whole concept of soilless as you need a well calculated nutreint level. ACT ,in my opinion, varies too widely in the nutreint and microbe load. Out doors it is the shit! Read about the soil/food/web there is a mountain of info about ACT. (aerated compost tea.)

10. Can i get advice on hire i should grow out like with a little stem that is potent or a seed

11. Scrog combined with lay have dramatically increased my yield.... Growing with a screen maximizes the buds and gets everything on a level playing field....

12. Ive always had an easier time getting numbers with lower wattage bulbs, either 600w or 750w. 600W bulbs are the most efficient in terms of lumens per watt. You can spread the light around more by having 10 600s as opposed to 6 1000s. I have had an easier time pulling 1g/w with 600s than 1000s, more room for plants and tending to them, etc.

Also make sure to stay on top of your plants. If they get dry or something for a day it takes a day to recover and all, so you end up losing like three days of growth from one day of stress, if that makes sense. Basically you will never catch up if you fall behind yield wise.

13. Will finish at same rate as 12/12.........its in the genes.

14. so u think if i ran a plant at a light schedule of 10/14 the plant wouldnt finish early? light has a direct relation to yield and maturity time. the flowering period times we are told only apply to 12/12 light schedule, as 12/12 is the happy medium to 14/10 and 10/14. look it up.

15. I've looked it up multiple times...even been in several discussion/grow ops trying said techniques....its all in the genes.

16. elaborate some more please, anyways to upgrade the genes someway? What would be the quickest way?

17. breeding... or just buy a quicker finishing strain or an auto.

18. Did anyone know what iss the next strain

19. I may differ from many others opinions but I believe you will get the most by just leaving your plants alone. Invest your energy and money into dialing your room in and monitoring your plants health.

I've grown with every method known and even some I've wasted time and money on some of my own creations. The best method for speed and a large harvest is either aeroponics or vertical tree grows.

Aeroponics is great but you will have a shitload of plants to keep it perpetual. Vertical tree grows have a six week veg period, but you can get 6+ lbs. on 4 plants.

The plant knows its job, just give it the absolute best environment and food and watch it grow.