Maximizing growth final weeks

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by th3ory, Mar 31, 2011.

1. My plant is now 3 months and 4 days old, the first 6 weeks it ran on 24 hour light cycle, since then 12/12. The plant has a lot of buds but some of them are still on the smaller side, just curious what I can do in the final week or two to help get those going some more....at this point will I see much of a difference letting it go another week or two? Most of the buds now have orange hairs, I'm trying to figure out if another couple weeks will even help with development or if I should just harvest now. I'm guessing I have around 20-25 grams now, was hoping for a little bit more, the center cone hasn't gotten as big as I was expecting.

Not the best picture but gives you an idea what I'm working with.
    thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Yea there was about a 2 week period where the lights were too far away, which caused some severe stretching, going to make sure I avoid that, going to chop it down and harvest today, doesn't seem like much point in keeping this one going.

thanks

3. sorry if ur hairs have changed disregard. but unless you have a pure indica i doubt your close to harvest. With the low wattage lights and the usual 7-9 week flowering period, and subtracting the first week for changeover, your plants should be 2-3 weeks from harvest make sure your around %50 amber pistils before you pull your plants. Many growers fail to realize how much their yield can increase just by waiting for the perfect time to harvest.

4. .....?

5. how long have u been flowering in weeks and days?

6. roughly 9 weeks

thanks for the responses

7. id say its done

8. yea i'm thinking so too, i clipped and hung, decent yield, i'm content

9. Is that your first grow? If so, congrats on getting some smokable bud. Next time you definitely want more light for flowering. The biggest upgrade you can make to your next grow will be adding HPS light for flowering.

Enjoy the smoke! :cool:

10. #11 Trichomeking420, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Pistils are small hair looking parts of the bud that dry while still on the bud giving an indicator when to harvest, but if you have been growing for 3 months with 6 weeks of veg it's impossible to be at 9 weeks of flower just saying. With the post date uve been in flower 48 days or 7 weeks wait two more. But again if the info is off disregard.

11. Sorry didn't see that you've already harvested, enjoy.

12. i'm using 4 cfl's in shop lamps...would i be better off forcing flowering earlier while the plant is more compact? Seems like it started to stretch the last 2 weeks pre-flowering...just curious if it would help the individual budgrowth if i keep it smaller...for the next one that is.

13. Top the plants. If u grew from seed then u must wait for maturity, if from clone wait two to three weeks then flower

14. okay cool thanks...pretty happy with the yield of this one...got 16 branches hanging, each one is at least a gram of buds, more than half are at least 2 grams, and a few are 3-4 grams, and I quick cured about 2.5 grams of bottom bud to sample(which was quite nice).....was hoping for the main stalk to get up to 10 grams or so, maybe if i had let it got another 2 weeks it would have but not really sure. I'll report back with actual weigh-in before I put them in mason jar for final curing.

15. Trichomeking420

reread what i qutoed from what u said, at the start of ur post u said if ur pistils(hairs) have changed colour disregard then u went on to say make sure u have 50% amber pistils(hairs) when u harvest. just saying you said to do one thing then the complete opposite in next sentence.

16. Oh no no I meant if it's already happened disregard