maximize yeild in pots?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by denieddd, Mar 18, 2012.

1. 2012 outdoor grow. i know its better to plant in ground but i like to be able to move my ladies..

whats the best way to get the highest yeild?
    a grow gallon bag? or a big ol convention pot?

2. check out smart pots, they come in a ton of different sizes going all the way up to 200 gallon. ive never used them but read alot of good shit about them

3. if you have the time and space,you can get as big of a pot as you want, dig a hole to the dimensions and put about an inch of gravel on the bottom of the hole for drainage. pop that sucker in there and you have best of both worlds. its invisible as if it were in the ground, and worst case scenario you just pull that sucker up and move it. thats what im doing this year. only thing ive noticed with this is if your pot doesn't fit SNUG with the hole, those slugs really like to get inbetween there and hide out till night time.

4. Go get you some 18 gallon rubber maids and drill holes in for drainage. You can move them and grow quarter lb plants in them. cost about seven bucks a piece. good luck

5. thanks for the suggesstions guys. i like the rubbermaid idea and the burying, but imma go buy some smart pots. they seem very versatile

6. [quote name='"denieddd"']thanks for the suggesstions guys. i like the rubbermaid idea and the burying, but imma go buy some smart pots. they seem very versatile[/quote]

Good choice. If you have camo pots near buy, I use them and they're a bit more durable than the smart pots. But both are great products.

7. Check out some of my pics from my last summer out door. I used 45 gallon smart pots an got easily over a pound a plant. I doing 100 gallon ones this year.

8. I guarantee the roots go through that smartpot by the end of June. If you plant in May you might no want to move once roots go through the smartpot into the ground. good luck

9. I don't let mine sit on the ground. They sit on wood pallets for better drainage. I had to move my mine a few times. As long as they are not freshly watered you can move them. That is the reanson I am bumping it up to 60 an 100 gallon smart pots

10. i have ten 100 gallon smarties for the first time, what kind of poundages are u guys getting out of your 100's?