Maxi-Cal with coco?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by k0rps, Oct 7, 2011.

1. I just picked up some Maxi-Cal from the local garden shop. This was the only item they had available for calcium deficiencies. It contains 10% calcium & 10% Nitrogen with magnesium and 7 other micro nutes. The directions say to use 1 to 6 tsp per gal of water, and apply 4 to 12 times during fruiting at 1 week intervals. I am currently using the canna part a/b formula to feed..
    Would this work with the food I already have? Or will there be too much nitrogen and micro nutes off setting the balance of the part a/b? :confused_2:

Thanks in advance. :hello:

MAXI-CAL
    GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
    Total Nitrogen ..........................10.00%
    0.70% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
    8.76% Nitrate Nitrogen
    0.54% Urea Nitrogen
    Calcium....................................10.00%
    Magnesium (Mg)........................1.10%
    Boron (B)....................................0.02%
    Colbalt (Co)................................0.005%
    Copper (Cu) ..............................0.05%
    0.05% Chelated Copper
    Iron (Fe)......................................0.10%
    0.10% Chelated Iron
    Manganese (Mn)........................0.05%
    0.05% Chelated Manganese
    Molybdenum (Mo) ....................0.0005%
    Zinc (Zn) ....................................0.05%
    0.05% Chelated Zinc

2. the had no cal mag? thats a bummer....

dont know about that product your going to try and use, but increasing to a 30% runoff solved alot of my problems...

I use 2ML of cal/mag per gallon of water

3. Yeah it's a local garden shop, I should just go check the hydro shop for the cal-mag. It has way less ingredients than the stuff I picked up earlier, less of a chance of hurting my plants.. You use 30% run off with cal-mag, or just in general watering/feeding? Appreciate the feedback, Tihspeed!

4. I try to get 30 percent runoff each plant... every watering... I'm hand watering, not a flood tray...

I was having problems with deficiencies till I added the cal mag(this should be applied first when mixing nutrients) then follow up with others....

once I add the cal/mag and upped the watering till i got the 30% off each plant i have not had a problem......

interesting side note... I also ended up switching nutrient lines... I did it to kinda feel things out... I was using some old H&G I had laying around trying to finish it up... I got things dialed in and in a spur of the moment purchase I got the PH perfect AN line, even though I just dumped a bunch of money on a whole line of Canna... So I tried it just for fun, and have continued use without Cal/Mag... explosive growth...

others will argue that its a waste of money, but the plants exploded and are mega green and its easier to use and mix than what I was doing with House and its easier than the Canna line

you gotta kinda figure out what works for you

pics of your grow?

5. I'm hand watering myself, but my grow is still in its infancy stage under cfls. I just wanted to get a handle on the calcium before I had any problems with it. Since I've already spent the money on the canna a/b and rhizo, I'll try to work around them. But the AN line sounds like a good investment. :smoke:

I have a journal posted up if you ever wanna come by and check out how they're doing. I'm sure, as a beginner, to run into problems here and there, but yours and everyone's advice really helps out a lot. Its one of the reasons why I enjoy GC so much, everyone here seems super chill.

1. Friend's strain
    2. Blackjack(Nirv)
    3. Bagseed

Attached Files:

6. cool grow journal man, keep the updates rolling.... looking good so far

7. Thanks for the encouragement:D

See ya man, off to run some errands..