Max Yield using T5 for flowering

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by kuahiwi, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Hawaii. highest electricity cost in the nation.
    i like how all I need is an oscillating fan to keep the t5 cool. I mostly grow outdoor, so a light is not my highest priority

2. #22 Cuzin Red, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
    No wonder! One of the few places it makes far more sense to never own a HID light of any wattage. Just as long as you feel safe avoiding rip-offs outdoors, Hawaii is even superior to So Cal for outdoor growing. And you can run crops year round.

3. haha, people are always ditching their HID's on craigslist here at REALLY good prices.
    This island has almost every type of climate available on earth except for arctic and it all depends where you live here. I live where it rains alot, so the winter months can kill a harvest with mold if you try to flower then. Can't beat Cali's dry weather and long days.

4. Idk. It's been known for a long time that Hawaiian varieties like Kona don't yield quite the quality results on the Cali coast or Humbolt and Mendocino regions. Sure cannabis is not really indiginous to the islands of and near Hawaii, but many areas certainly produce superior results apart from the micro-climate where you live.

5. I've been reading this tread and I also have a 2ft 8 tube T5HO and also a led with mixed blue and red. I have a 32x32x63 grow tent. I only want to do 2 autoflowers at a time. With this be sufficient enough light to flower 2 autos???? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

6. Bout to flip my girl to 12/12 under my t5 4 foot x 4 bulb. I can keep us updated on yeild man. Give me a few weeks. Heres my girl....... To the right of course. Nevermind my sick defficient smaller plant. Trying to save that one. (Flushed it)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hows your flower stage coming along? U using t5 for flower?

Check out my 1st Indoor*** https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1416540/

8. Its coming along man!!! ill have to post some pics. I am using T5 mixed spectrum 2700k/6500k plus a new 1000 watt HPS lamp to top her off. Just for one plant :0 for now. Got three more i will flip when this one is done!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for the info sir. I'm trying to decide if I want to use LED and CFL mix again or go full blown T5 setup for my next grow. I did well with my first indoor grow with just over a lbs but that was with 6 plants total.
    Now I'm looking to cut cosy even further and attempt 2 plants with just T5 lighting. I've rigged a server rack in my tent to support 4 sided lighting (top, front and 2 sides) with the ability to support 16 t5 bulbs between 2ft and 4ft length (I love to rebuild my tents). I'm wondering if anyone has had good results with 2 plants under this condition.
    I can't use HPS due to the heat so LED, CFL and T5s are my test subjects for the next 3 to 4 grows til I know which one does best.

Check out my 1st Indoor*** https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1416540/

10. Hey man no prob anytime, its all love. TBH I was terrified to switch over to the HID light. They do produce a great amount of heat versus the t5's i use. A lot more! However, if a proper intake/exhaust ventilation system is used, the heat produced is cut down significantly while still benefiting from the max Lumens/PAR/coverage etc of the HID HPS lamp. Have you looked up a guy called The Grow Boss? He has the best DATA ive seen hands down on a lot of subjects us growers encounter. I LOVE T5s and these days they are manufacturing some HIGH QUALITY Bulbs for the T5 setup. I feel once you go past a certain number of bulbs is where you want to debate on swapping over to a HID or LED setup. This is because of the draw you will be pulling, If youre gonna draw the same amount of electricity for the T5 as a Metal Halide Or HPS, than you may as well benefit from all of the other features the HID or LED has to offer. I will post some updated pics of the girls :) under T5 and HPS and even CFL :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. BTW youre grow looked rad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did it smoke??

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey man, I did this plant with 4 t8's.

I'm doing HPS this grow coming up because really if you want a lot of weight that's your best bet, but yeah I'll always have t-whatever cfl love.[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  13. I found out the daylight and blue tubes are great for tight dense nugs and node spacing and the red/warm tubes are good for weight and resin production.

I run the entire spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. 5 years later......?

• Like Like x 1
  15. i find feeds that are ancient and still chiime in lol Its all good!

• Like Like x 3
  16. CFL grows are pretty freaking cool in my book! I also flower with HPS

• Like Like x 2
  17. It's delicious. Critical kush grow and it lives up to its potential. One of my plants had funky genetics and turned out to grow without scent but the potency is beyond couch locking. I think I'm going to stick to these Critical kush seeds for my next grow.

18. I flowered with a mixture of cfl and led and was able to get more weight than expected off 6 plants.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Here is my girl a Blue Dream Pheno, vegged with cfl/led bulbs for seedling growth than I began the T5 Once she hit thay explosive vegative growth. Now shes under HPS. Smells of tru Blue Dream. Skunky amd with a what if blue berry. Cant wait to chop, dry, cure than smoke!! The other ladies under the T5 are just starting to get out of seedling stage IMG_20161216_061744.jpg IMG_20161216_061205.jpg IMG_20161216_061210.jpg IMG_20161215_111152.jpg