max yield stadium grow

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by aireoponics, Sep 10, 2009.

1. ok so heres my idea, 10x10 room 7' tall i would like to do a stadium grow but would like to incorperate a drip or ebb and flow system. thinking about running 30 plastic gutters with a system to flood them and drain them into a resivore. would like to get the most out of this grow so i think i could put one plant every 6" in the gutters so that would be around 20 plants/gutter x 30 gutters= 600 plants. would like to see if anyone here has any suggestions

2. no one will give any ideas, this is for a medical marijuana dispensary!!!

3. I have actually been planning out a silimilar setup. My thoughts on this are using pvc pipe. This would work great with clones made in a bubble cloner ( no medium, just a foam gromet) I'm planning on 5-6 layers each side. I guess you'll need 15 each side. You are going to have to find a way to set it up to move around in there to get to back plants.

At the end of this channel of tubes your reservoir will have a pump to run it right back to the top. The idea behind this is letting the roots sit in the pipe resting as the water streams down them gently. Allows for a great environment for root development. and one big reservoir so not much ph fluctaution. I don't know how soon you would need to change a 50 gallon drum. maybe some big timer hydro peeps can chime in on this.

Plants in rockwool in net cups could work too. I'd recomend somthing that seals somwhat like foam around you stalks base. This will allow a high humidity level for healthy root development.

As for lighting You got some serious shopping to do. a million opinions on how to do this. Keep in mind that you are going to have to tilts these and be able to move them up and down.

Also, one important question. what are thees gutters made out of?

4. Sounds like an awesome idea. I honeslty have no opinion on anything you asked becuz I don't have any experience in hydro, and barely in soil...So yeah.

I've seen the stadium way and it looks so different and interesting. Would love to see 600 plants flowering...God.

Anyways, just saying I hope something comes of this, would be a great watch.

GL

5. thanks for the reply, my idea is to hang 5, 600w hps vertical down the center of the room, as for the gutters they are made out of a plastic material, i thought of running a small maybe 1/4" pipe with very tiny holes down each gutter to mist or drip the plants.

6. [quote name='konasuer']I have actually been planning out a silimilar setup. My thoughts on this are using pvc pipe. This would work great with clones made in a bubble cloner ( no medium, just a foam gromet) I'm planning on 5-6 layers each side. I guess you'll need 15 each side. You are going to have to find a way to set it up to move around in there to get to back plants.

At the end of this channel of tubes your reservoir will have a pump to run it right back to the top. The idea behind this is letting the roots sit in the pipe resting as the water streams down them gently. Allows for a great environment for root development.

So, no misters/ sprayers? Just a nutrient film type thing then? hmm...

7. And maybe some lengths of aquarium "bubble curtain" tubing stretched out along the bottom of the pipes aerating the nutrient flow. (nutrient stream? nutrient wash?)

8. And by the way you guys, I don't know where you live, but if either of you know where I can get some SQUARE pvc extrusion, please share. It would be the best for the design in my head.

9. I can't imagince misters would hurt at all. Mythoughts on the ( i think its reffered to as film feed) is that long as there is a good seal on the pipes the humidity in the pipes should be fine without misters. Also I am planning on a few airstones in the reservoir to make sure that it gets plenty of oxygen to the water.

My thoughts on this type of system is simplicity. I like the idea of not worrying about misters clogging, or drip systems clogging...or worse falling out on the floor :eek:. Just one pump and some airstones to worry about.

Definitely do a grow journal. I'd love to see how it turns out. As for me, I'm waiting for the right space to get started.

Square pvc would be awesome.

10. Any update aeroponics? I'd love to hear what progress has been made for this dispensary.

11. well Oregon state just passed the laws to legalize dispensaries hopefully michigan is next in line and we shall have some updates