Max yield?? And what strains

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Hi Crazy, Oct 1, 2017.

1. as we're organic farmers here. It's also nice too yield more. Would love to hear what mixes and what lights guys are kicking to achieve the best qulaity a no yield. Any advice on how too grow better aswell?

My little experiments in the past, I've used air pots, found out autoflowers don't like getting transplanted. Never use too much rooting powder, can cause more damage than good. Reducing humidity towards late flowering too shock plants to producing more resin, as plantsbstart to produce more resin to stop them selves from losing too much water. I've also found out autos need a good solid 90 days to achieve the best qulaity and some seed banks advertise 63 days and some 77 days which is way of. But in all seriousness I've had best results from just using bio canna soil. I use Damascus earth as a top dress and a light foliar inveg that keep all the nastiest away. I also love trying my soil out.

Haven't tried but future experiments, always keeping my water bubbled with a air stone, and leaving it for 24 hours for all the chlorine to evaporate. Also inserting a mini water heater. As most of Ypu already know. Organics work on root zone temperatures. So I will be adding a heating mat, or a few properagtor heating mats. Thats the most important thing into achieving the most successful grow. You can have the best lights, the best soil and nutes (talking about organics) if your soil is cold everything is pointless.

Tha my 2 cents too the community hope I get some feedback.

Happy growing, stay medicated. Love each other !

2. #2 ElRanchoDeluxe, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Hey man... glad you found us at GCO!
    IMO, the sheer quantity of soil has much to do with growth rate and eventually yield. I'd personally take the Pepsi challenge with hydro growers concerning growth rate and yield.
    What you didn't mention...and where hydro guys always fall short is quality. Hydro cannot compete with the flavor and stank of organics.
    Autos and bagged soil is a good place to start. Back when I played with autos there were only 2 options Lowryder 1 and 2! The only role I would use them for is guerrilla gardening in harsh northern climates.
    You are correct that a cold root zone is no bueno. However, a better approach is to keep your entire room at the proper temp. The closer you can keep it to 70/80F the better. If you have a concrete floor put some foam insulation underneath them or find another way to keep them off the floor. Welcome. HTH.

RD

• Like Like x 2
  3. #3 jimihendrix42, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    While I am growing with chemicals right now, when I do organic I like to use.

You are in USA ????? My suggestions for strains are unfortunately available in USA only.

Promix BX, Peruvian Seabird Guano. Both Veg, and Flowering formulas. I will mix for Veg 2 parts veg x 1 Part Flowering formulas for Veg, and 2 parts Flower x 1 part Veg, in flowering.

I also mix in Compost Bioactivator, Azomite, Kelp, Lime, both Calcitic/Dolamite,. I basically just follow the instruction vs how much Seabird Guano I use. Maybe a Small Amout Extra. No more than an extra 3rd of a TSP, for each gallon of soil. If at all.

I will also water every so often with, but don't go overboard with Kelp/Seabird Teas, and keep constant watch on PH. I use RO water, but have also used tap, and let it stand for at least 24 hours. Ive got a good PH/EC Meter.

I use Gavita 1000w for Flowering, and 2 x 600w for veg. Smart Pots x 10 gallon. Ive also considered adding 2 x 315w CMH to the Veg Room.

For Large Production Plants? I like the Swami Organic Seeds Original Nevils 88 Release of NL5 x Haze. Very Complex Branching, and grows like a weed, especially after flipping. The good thing about this strain is that you don't have to veg them long as they grow fast, and they grow even faster when you flip them. 3-6 times stretch.

The Swami NL5/Hz is structurally 1 of the nicest plants you will find. Structurally, its very similar to the Mr Nice Super Silver Haze, but is 5 times more potent.

In reality though these are now F5 Stabilized, this was the Original 1988 Limited Release x NEVILS Original Genetics that Sensi Seeds, and Mr Nice Lost, and none are in the same universe as this stuff. The F5s are also from Open Pollination, so there should be great diversity, and mainly 3 phenos. A Stretch Pheno, a Shorter, stockier NL5 Pheno, and 1 in the middle. Look for the Stretch Pheno, but I will also keep an NL5 pheno.

I grew this in the 90s for 5 years, but unfortunately the feds got it, ( 1000 clones ) and I was away for almost 13 years, and have looked for this stuff ever since, and everything Ive smoked since I was Done with the feds in 2009, everything I smoked was a letdown vs this stuff. The best stuff Ive smoked since 2009, has been the Original 90s AK47 x Original 90s Sensi NL5 my buddy has kept going. It was close in potency, but the Yield was Low vs original 88 NL5/Haze.
    If the NL5/Hz was a 10.. For me... The AK/NL5 was a 7.5.-8. Mr Nice SSH is a 4 by comparison, but the plant structure of the Mr Nice SSH is a 10. I easily get 20 oz in a 15- 20 gallon container/Promix x even just 1 x 1000w Hortilux HPS. 24 is the best Ive done for 1 plant/1 x 1000w light. But the Gavita is even more powerful, so I would expect more from it. I just started using the Gavita, so my experience with them is low, but High for HID in general. Ive messed with them since 1976-77.

Been running the Mr Nice SSH/Critical Mass for 3 years. So I'm not dissing anything, just my honest assessment.

The high of this stuff though is very powerful, and should be used by experienced smokers, and those that are looking for a trippy, long lasting high, and not for those that are Anxiety Prone. You should also EAT before smoking this as is Notorious for inducing Hypoglycemia in those that are prone to it. It is also Lung Buster, you will choke every hit, there s No Ceiling, and you shouldn't try and Drive, and smoke, as it can cause temporary loss of vision, and dizzy from a head rush.

For a more Thought Provoking powerful Medium Yield, but very close Internode spacing, and complex branching, look into the Swami Blue Orca Haze. Also can be as potent as NL5/Haze, but in its own way. More Introspective, and not as grating, anxiety, or paranoia inducing. This is Swamis favorite. Smoother smoke. Tastes like Sandalwood, and Hash Incense.

Blue Orca, along with her Sister... The One, are the worlds Oldest Clones. They've been around since 1984. They are a cross of a 1976 Dealers Choice Highland Blue Thai Stick x Pre Soviet Kandahar Afghani, which some consider to be the Original Genetics for OG Kush. This strain of Highland Blue Thai is also The Same Genes that DJ Short used to have when he made the strain Juicy Fruit. These ARE the Original Genes.

Swami mainly messes with Old School Heirloom, and Rare Genetics, and mostly doesnt mess around with to much modern stuff, though they do have some stuff crossed with Blue Moon Rocks.

Swami and Clackamas Coot, are also partners/friends. Coot supplied the Genes for the NL5/Hz/Blue Orca/The ONE.

Blue Orca is Clone Only, and not available, and used in crosses only.

Also another 1 you may look into, and has a pretty good stretch is the Swami Blue Orca x ORIGINAL 1985 Clone Only Road Kill Skunk/Guadalajara, that was taken to Guadalajara and Hybridized/Stabilized for over 30 Years.

In the Spring Swami will also have the IBL of the RKS/Guadalajara, so if youre interested in Original RKS, he will have it in the spring, and remember this stuff has been worked for over 30 years, and should be KILLER. Also of course I haven't grown the RKS Versions, I am getting ready to start 51 of them. BO X RKS.

2 friends are currently growing the BO x NL5/Hz, and also the NL5/Hz. The NL5/Hz grows faster ect, but the Bo/NL5/Hz is no slouch, and has Very Complex, and very close internode spacing. 1 of the most compact plants Ive seen, though its not very old, it is very impressive as a plant, and smells like incense. NL5/Hz is Cat Piss, and also very strong.

Another 1 is the Real Deal.. Mr Greengenes 1979 IBL Cherry Bomb/Maui Wowie. This is the original genetics given to Swami before Mr Greengenes died. He is the Originator of the CB/MW. Many don't know the original Cherry Bomb.. IS also Maui Wowie. Only Verdant Green and Swami have the Original Genetics from Mr GG. All others are either crosses, or fake, and Swami calls out both Reeferman, and Bomb Seeds as Fake. They have some of the original genes, but only in crosses. Mr Greengenes gave ONLY Swami, and Verdant Green the original stuff.

And NO, I have 0 Affiliation with Swami, I just like to see people get some great genes, of some really powerful, old school stuff. I don't care if anyone buys it or not. I like it, and find these genes to be the strongest stuff Ive seen in Decades. Ive been growing since 1972, and have seen a lot of stuff.

Swami also has.. The ONE crossed with Cannabiogen Landrace Paki Chitral Kush...for a more Indica type plant. Its 2/3 Indica x 1/3 Highland Blue Thai.

Also has Cherry Bomb x ORIGINAL Kahuna. The Original Breeder/Family gave Swami the original Kahuna Bud genes, but made him promise he wont release the IBL. Crosses Only.

I would have also recommend the HAZEMAN G13 x Nevils Original 88 G13 x Hashplant.

You also may look into what Bodhi, and Hazeman has with the 88 G13/HP. HM just discontinued the 88 G13/HP as he was actually not supposed to release it, was for Freebies Only and I guess some got mad at him, though @ $60 a pack he was giving them away IMHO. This is my favorite 100% Indica, as it gets Huge, and produces big sticky powerful hash plant buds.

I'm currently getting ready to start

51 x BO X RKS/Guadalajara

22 BO X NL5/Hz,

22 x The One x Cannabiogen Paki Chitral Kush

22 NL5/Hz

• Informative Informative x 1

4. At one time I had over a dozen or so Swami strains. Including the NL5Haze and many of the TO crosses, Cherry Bomb too. I have an old journal under RanchoDeluxe where you can see pics. I also had Velvet Rush.

I grew them out for over a year and they were all a complete waste of time. I gave 100's of these seeds away and have not heard of a single 'keeper'. Just saying.
    Bodhi seeds rock! Have a journal now of his gear. Tell Headbanger Rancho says hi!
    RD

5. I guess that's why RanchoDeluxe s Banned??

Weve had nothng but Great Results, and I can also show many Killer Grows of Swamis stuff.

Matched Users

• Funny Funny x 1

6. Yes I do believe you have too provide all the essential foods for the soil, for the buds to achieve there full potency. Whether you have less or more, plants only need small amounts of each element. Hydro guys do fall short of essential things. It's really hard to accurately know what ypur plant needs. It may take years just too master one strain. For You too fully understand the demands the plant wants. Not all but some companies keep some its lineage a secret and call it a original landrace cut. On top regulating the ph and ec consistently without hi tec equipment is quite pointless unless you like breaking ypur back. So the question comes down too, we have too provide everything in soil aswell, but the plant takes what ever it needs. And it's very hard too over dose the plant. Aslong As follow instructions. On top chemical nutes have no much other shit which is even more harmfull. Yes autos are very suitable for the northern temps, a lot of Dutch genetics autos are for the northern hempeshere. Ruderals are from Russia aswell so the genetics are very good too resist mold and very hardy. So we have a vast selection of autos. The best genetics I believe are Dutch passion. With dinafem at the bottom, green house in the middle and Dutch passion at the top. Thease are 3 top co Annie's I tried. In all seriousness the root zone is very important. I do think it comes down too providing the right amount of co2 in environments were temperatures are high. As hot air holds very less oxygen. Concrete floor is the very harsh. If you go too Pakistan and India you will find the ground will be letting of steam in the night. It still doesn't get cold lol. With loads of genetics from the Afgan, northern lights, skunk1 and list goes on. Try growing in a shed and then in ypur bedroom and the bedroom will always out perform, same set up oviously aslong the extracted heat is properly vented Ypu will see a big difference. After reading about how organics work the big question was the soil temp whic includes in the environment the most important think and as Ypu said a steady temp around 70-80 is also very good. But I personally like 72. And thank you for making me feel welcomed.

7. i really doubt he was banned for growing Swami seeds. i mean, i can understand why you would think that but i really doubt it.
    Didnt swami make a knock off TO?

8. Brother all that talk of genetics got my head spinning lol, that advice is very valuable too any person looking for thc strains. As You said some strains can cause dizziness lol I smoked high thc haze for like 5 years until I burnt my head out lol. So for that reason I sticking too cbd strains from cbd crew. It's a collaboration with shanti and resin seeds. They do all the old school smokes like hash plant cbd from seedsman seeds. If you go onto eu seeds and type in cbd crew. Ypu will see all there collaboration with many seed bank such as Dutch passion, serious seeds etc. I, not from the USA I'm from the eu. We have brands like canna bio which has also made its way too USA. I know USA have good genetics. Look into tha subscool. His gotbsome good genetics. They also do cbd strains like hurkle and penny wise. Always buy from companies that has be bothered too offer some lab results regarding medicinal strains. Then there accounted for lol. a lot of big boys don't take that risk. But humbolt seeds, tha subscool and cbd crew give Ypu data sheets.

9. Ouch! That hurts man.

Rancho was banned because he asked to be. I was a moderator when the site first started. I began seeing posts about BAS and also saw how overpriced it was. I wrote a post about staying away from the high prices and making your own soil.

Another mod, quickly pulled it. We had a conversation and I realized I had been duped into marketing both Swami Seeds and Build a Soil. Not what I signed up for Jack.

I have and will always promote sourcing materials locally.

Coot and Gas split ways a long time ago.

Happy Growing
    RD

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Haha. Thanks Scooby. I get in trouble for being honest. Some things will never change.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Good ol' Gas... lol

I guess I won't even go there.

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Just curious why you think Dinafems autos are at the bottom of the list. How many and which strains have you tried? What kind of problems did you encounter?
    os

13. i tried the OG kush cbd, it did smell like lemons but compared too the super lemon haze and the compassion lime it had no chance mate. I'd expect the other strains too be more potent but even there industrial plant cbd had no smell at all lol, and the yield was poor. lucky I only had 2 seeds of there's. You might get better luck from there hazes. All this kush talk, it's bland man, the hazes rock. Personal opionion!

The compassion lime had crystals like it had been sugar coated. I'll upload some pics. Compare to the others.

14. I've never ran any 'cbd' specific strains of theirs. But the dinafem autos of white widow, moby dick, fruit, blue kush, amnesia, blue amnesia, critical, blue critical, and haze all have been top shelf. Spectacular yields, taste and aroma, as well as very potent. Very consistent strains and never any issues.
    cheers
    os

15. Maybe there autos are still getting good, or there cbd variety mothers or fathers need improving over time I guess. With autos specially it's like you get what you get and that's the end of there life cycle.

16. I think most people stunt autos, or give em under 20 hours light a day, and aren't happy with what they get. That is the whole trick, my friend.
    cheers
    os

17. I stunted 4 autos out of 7, some still came back. I gave the 24 hours for the first few weeks, autos are always good too chuck like 4 in ypur veg tent lol, and dry em when your main flowers come off. It's all about timing and space. Autos are just a quick way of getting bud. If you want t

Dinafem OG kush wasn't stunted. Had a big cola, used a 315 watt cmh halide, ended flowering with an 250 hps, humidity was reduced aswell.