Max payne 3

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by thezool, Nov 18, 2011.

1. It does look really awesome...

But damn it I don't want to pay $60 for this, and then never play it again once GTA V comes out.

I imagine GTA V will be this awesome when it comes to shooting.

2. I agree with the never playing it again after GTA V comes out, but I beat the first two when I was younger and thought they were pretty decent. So I'll probably have to pick this up and see how it is, doesn't look too disappointing so far.

3. #4 MikeyMike87, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    This game is looking promising, the MP as well seems legit. You guys gotta remember GTA series is a open world and Max Payne isnt. So dont go comparing this to GTA as im sure youll be disappointed
    EDIT- Just posted some more up to date videos on the game

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ9-lS7KyJ8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-YBpvhKipM[/ame]

4. I'm renting this game just to play cause I played all of them, probably beat it in two days anyway. I'll buy gta 5 when it comes out excited to see if they changed the online gameplay and what not.

5. Never played the games, but a band I have loved for years, HEALTH, scored the music for this game. Gonna have to check it out :smoke:

6. Damn it.

Are there any pre order bonuses?

I dreamed this game last night and won't sleep easy until I have it haha.

7. #8 THCemployEE, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2012
    Gamestop Promotions as always..

Bonus!

Details:

Bonus Item
    Cemetery Multiplayer Map
    Pre-Order Max Payne 3 with GameStop and receive Exclusive Early Access to the Cemetery Multiplayer Map!
    Cemetery Multiplayer Map:
    The final resting place of Max's young wife and daughter, Cemetery represents the tragic past Max cannot forget. With a wintry New York City skyline, sniping positions amongst the monuments, destructible tombstones, circular fighting arenas in a rotunda garden and a looming mausoleum, Cemetery makes a fitting final home for your enemies.
    Online Customers: A code with instructions will be emailed to you within 2 business days after your order ships.
    Store / In-Store Pickup Customers: A code with instructions will be printed on your receipt at time of purchase.

More details
    Bonus Item
    PowerUp Rewards Exclusive Silent Killer Multiplayer Pack!
    Pre-Order Max Payne 3 with GameStop and receive the PowerUp Rewards Exclusive Silent Killer Multiplayer Pack!
    The Silent Killer Multiplayer Loadout Pack
    Includes three unique elements to customize your loadout in Max Payne 3 Multiplayer - the devastatingly destructive Light Anti-Tank Weapon, the Slippery Character Burst to quickly escape a deadly firefight, and the Listening Device Item that amplifies player hearing so you can hear enemies approaching you from a greater distance.

Thats from the site ^.

Bestbuy:
    Preorder Includes Free:
    Max Payne 3 Bonus Dlc Disc #1: Dlc - Xbox 360
    PRE ORDER AND PURCHASE MAX PAYNE 3 AND RECEIVE THE FIRST PAID DLC.

From the site as well.

..And as far as I can see Amazon doesn't have anything.

EDIT

Steam Pre-Purchase Bonuses:

Pre-Purchase now and receive a copy of Max Payne 1 and 2 to play now in addition to the following DLC at launch!

Classic Multiplayer Character Pack

Contains eight playable multiplayer characters for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer, including fan favorites from the original Max Payne and Max Payne 2 like Max Payne from Max Payne 2, Mona Sax and Vladimir Lem.

Disorderly Conduct Multiplayer Weapons Pack

Includes the Hammerhead Auto Shotgun, G9 Grenade Launcher and Molotov cocktail for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer.

Pill Bottle Item

This loadout item provides you with the capacity to carry extra painkillers - helping you survive longer amidst the killing fields of online multiplayer.

Max Payne Retro Avatar

Customize your multiplayer avatar with this Classic Max Payne Character inspired by the original Max Payne.

8. You can get the full first 2 games and a bunch of other stuff if you order it for PC on Steam.

I'm so glad this game is finally almost here, haha. I played the shit out of the first 2 when they came out and I'm sure this one will be just as good if not better, Plus multiplayer.

9. [quote name='"jwbooth"']
    You can get the full first 2 games and a bunch of other stuff if you order it for PC on Steam.

I'm so glad this game is finally almost here, haha. I played the shit out of the first 2 when they came out and I'm sure this one will be just as good if not better, Plus multiplayer.[/quote]

Did u say multiplayer?? Changed my mind im pre orderin this.

10. Well I just pre-ordered. Anyone else getting it for 360?

11. Damn just watched the bullet time trailer, can't wait to use this.

I loved the shooting animations in RDR, and this looks like an improved system of that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td7Y6ISS3nk]Max Payne 3 Design and Technology Series: "Bullet Time" - YouTube[/ame]

12. I will be renting. I was really confused how bullet time worked in multiplayer but I watched this great video today that explains how it applies to your teammates as well as other enemies that enter the line of sight.

Looking really good:D

13. Ah I'm still waiting for it to arrive from
    Amazon. Should be here soon though.

14. It is really awesome. Its like they took the mechanics from red dead and built upon it. the tight control of the reticle makes shooting so easy, and the fact that max constantly stays on target while adjusting his body feels really natural. when you shoot dodge, if your too close to a wall obviously youll smack it. but theres nothing more satisying then jumping out a window, looking behind you and firing one round into your pursuers head, then looking forward and shooting your next victim. Gotta love max payne