Max Payne 3 Worth it?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by TwiztidToker24, May 17, 2012.

1. Hey blades so I have all next week off and was thinking of getting a good game to play wihle I'm not out doing stuff. Max Payne 3 looks amazing and I really want it. But im hesitant to shell out $60 for a 10 hour singleplayer campaign and multiplayer that I'm not excited about. Idk though it does look great. Anybody else getting this?

2. bad ass question for your 666th post buddy!

Since Max payne 3 and diablo 3 came out on the same fucking day, I had this same dilemma my self buddy.

I would get D3 if you can play it. Because its exactly as you said, 60 bucks for 10 hours of game play may not be worth it if your on a budget.

That being said, Max payne 3 is fucking amazing! it really is a great game, but theres no reason you can't wait a few monthes and get it 15 bucks cheaper, or even cheaper if you look on ebay, or borrow it from a friend.

My friend has it and played all of the max paynes the day they came out when he was younger, and he's enjoying it a shit load.

But diablo 3 has more bang for your buck.

3. Haha thanks man I didn't even realize it was 666. I was actually deciding between max payne 3 and mass effect 3. I know mass effect is far better and would last much longer. I just finished mass effect 2 though and don't really want to jump into the next one right away.

4. Haha thanks man I didn't even realize it was 666. I was actually deciding between mp3 and mass effect 3. I know mass effect is far better and would last me much longer. I just finished mass effect 2 though and don't really feel like jumping into the next one quite yet. The 2nd one was amazing though

5. Haven't tried mass effect 3 yet but Max Payne 3 is totally worth it. Tight gun play mechanics and the euphoria engine from gta4 and red dead redemption still stands strong. The bullet time effect is amazing, and with euphoria it can lead to amusing and hilarious tumbles when getting your foot caught in railings. Single player experience is innovative and VERY detailed. The kill cam can be so nasty, as bullets leave entry AND exit wounds on your enemy. My first one, so many bullets pumped into his face, that his eyes, nose, and forehead were literally decapitated. It was gnarly and pretty satisfying as I haven't seen that much detail in gore since dead space 2. And after taking a break from single player the multiplayer feature is pretty solid.very fun and a wide feature of objectives and whatnot. Definitely a game I felt was worth grabbing for midnight release. If you plan on dropping some dough on a game make it Max Payne 3.

6. Kinda I guess. Multiplayer is infested with campers so sometimes your team loses terribly, and you instantly die if you get meeled once.

7. So is almost every game of this generation. Especially Call of Duty. Just all preference I guess.

8. Story is way too short for a single player game with that being said its worth a rental or do what I do. Buy MP3 used at Gamestop and play it for the week, beat it, then return it for a full refund. They give you 30 days on used games. Its a great game but too short. I bought it simply because im a max payne fan since ps2 and Ive been so bored with call of duty (havent played it in months). Its a good fun game though so however you do get it you wont be disappointed.

9. #10 ChronicNLean, May 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
    [quote name='"JEI3US"']Story is way too short for a single player game with that being said its worth a rental or do what I do. Buy MP3 used at Gamestop and play it for the week, beat it, then return it for a full refund. They give you 30 days on used games. Its a great game but too short. I bought it simply because im a max payne fan since ps2 and Ive been so bored with call of duty (havent played it in months). Its a good fun game though so however you do get it you wont be disappointed.[/quote]

I agree it is short if that's all you want is the single player experience. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents as I've bought a quite a few new game releases this year (Resident Evil ORC, ninja gaiden 3, etc..GARBAGE), and I was pretty impressed with Max Payne 3

10. im sick of these game developers getting away with 10 hour single player. Deus set the bar with 25 hours. 10 is a gyp and should not cost us $60. FUCK the game industry they are the same as movies any more make one good one followed by 15 shit sequels each with less content than the one before while charging more each fucking generation. a little 5 cent disc cost us $60 and could easily be sold for $30-$40 and they would still make a massive profit.

11. [quote name='"KillaWillaBilla"']im sick of these game developers getting away with 10 hour single player. Deus set the bar with 25 hours. 10 is a gyp and should not cost us $60. FUCK the game industry they are the same as movies any more make one good one followed by 15 shit sequels each with less content than the one before while charging more each fucking generation. a little 5 cent disc cost us $60 and could easily be sold for $30-$40 and they would still make a massive profit.[/quote]

Yes you really start to see how money hungry developers are. Especially coming out with half finished games with dlc content costing $15-20. Or COD map packs that should have been in game or even free, considering these developers make billions on release nights. And they can't put some of that money on better servers? No matter your internet connection there's ALWAYS lag nowadays(I have 22mbps), its just filled with predictions and placebos. And omg and don't get me started on patches and updates. Developers do make me sick nowadays

12. #13 thezool, May 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
    Overall i'm disappointed with Max Payne 3. However Diablo 3 (mentioned in this thread) blew me away and I didn't ever even consider buying it until release day!
    Max Payne 3's online is incredibly lacklustre if you're used to solid online experiences (think of the other A+ titles... yes that includes CoD and Battlefield). However it has a very engaging and emotional story experience, which is worth it if you're a fan of the series. Overall though I couldn't recommend it. (and that is from somebody who has been looking forward to this game and has been a Max Payne fan for a LONG time) I haven't gained much enjoyment from the experience. The shooting sequences are too frustrating to prove enjoyable and the level design is incredibly linear. I understand that a linear path is to be expected, but the constant cutscenes do get in the way of the fun.
    Note: I never got this game for the online side of it and never expected anything from it, but even if I focussed on the single player I'd be saying the same things. It doesn't meet the expectations I had.