Max harvest with a 300w led and 3 plants in a 4'L 2'W room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Drew alexander, Nov 14, 2016.

1. running 3 ladies. Silver Haze
    just wondering if i could hear of some stories of harvests of people with similar setups.....

currently day 14 at 76 degrees.(just cut the lights on itll warm up a couple)
    Medium: FFoF with extra perlite.
    Noots: currently running ff big grow at 1/4 strength, they loving it.
    Lighting: galaxyhydro 300
    Room: 4' long 2' wide closet (mylar on walls)

2. I have the same set up with 2 plants. 3 might be a little much for the light once they are a bit bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. That's roughly a 150watt light. About the most you can possibly expect is 150 grams. It doesn't matter how many plants you grow under it. IMO that light is best used with a single plant that's trained big and wide. I've seen 4.2oz's off of a mars 300 which is a very comparable light. That was done by an expert. If you're an amature more likely you'll get 2 or 3 oz's.

4. I have a similar grow space. 2x4 feet with mylar walls growing in 80/20 coco/perlite with cana coco a and b nutes under 2 Mars 48 reflectors. total 210 watts from the wall. I grew 1 plant and trained her to a screen and the yield was just under a pound dried and cured.

In the same setup with no training I get about an ounce per plant and I've squeezed 5 in there at once.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Got pics of a pound under 210watts? I still can't hit that with 600watt HID.

• Like Like x 1
  6. No pics. Strain was Nirvana's Wonder Woman. It was 4 months of training and topping to create enough tops to fill the 2x4 screen...then almost 3 more months of flowering.

Topped 7 times to create 128 tips. Defoliated everything under the screen a week before flower and again a week after flower. Left growth tips and a fan leaf or two per tip. Kept picking off the lower buds that would never grow anyway and tucking fan leaves under or behind buds.

My personal opinion is that this was way too much effort and time. I prefer to grow a few plants with short veg. Instead of screen I just bend them over and tie the branches into positions that create as flat of a canopy as possible and bring the lights as close as I can without burning the plants...about 14 inches.