Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Max Efficiency Guide (Don't waste any more weed)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CannabisScience, Aug 24, 2012.

1. #21 Iraqiunit, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
    that's just, no,  when you vaporize you ingest significantly less CBDs due to the thc being vaporized and the cbds not being combusted, that is why when you vape you get much more of a heady high, and are rarely couchlocked

2. Great thread, very informative!

3. #23 CannaClay, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2013
    this thread is old but it has BKS in it and I believe that anyone who is remotely interested in cannabis should listen to what she has to say... She is a huge advocate for edibles and for all the right reasons but trust me, she smokes it too...
    secondly it COMPLETELY depends on what temperature you are vaping at, and in turn which cannabinoids you are actually boiling, or "vaporizing".  Anyhow that is why vaping is so versatile and people who vape at the same temp every time don't understand that.

4. man you must've been really bored to type out all of that @OP

5. Oh and as for bongs...  The single greatest factor of how hot the bowl is hitting is how hard or fast you pull on it.  The faster you inhale the more O2 is being fed to the bowl which makes it hotter because of combustion.
    Aside from the science, just ingest your cannabis which ever way makes you feel good about it...

6. When you hold the flame to the bud, that heat is destroying all the cannabinoids but also causing the weed to burn right? When the weed is burning, how are all the cannabinoids being activated if the temperature required to activate them are all different?

Also, when you smoke a blunt or a joint I'm pretty sure that the orange glow is the combusting marijuana, which would mean that the orange part is just like the cherry of a bowl. I don't think that the heat from the burning weed is only activated the thc behind it.

7. I agree that cannabis is used more efficiently when burned at the correct temperature, but I would think that amount of cannabinoids being burnt off from higher heat is very little.  Definitely a good thread with a lot of information! 

8. Great thread OP, lots of valuable info. :hello:

9. #29 Ganja ☤, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013
    So I just bought an ounce of dank, will making edibles out of it last me longer than smoking it?

Edit: because I was under the assumption it takes twice as much weed to make a serving of brownies for example. So 28 grams would make me 14 brownies. To me efficiency means using less weed to get high. I may be wrong, I don't know to much about edibles that is why I'm asking.

10. Good question

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

You can make edibles as potent as you want.  If all you want is .5 in each edible you can do that.  

I can't really comment on if it will last longer because edibles and smoking cannabis is a completely different high.  It may last longer if you make 28 edibles or whatever, but it may not be as satisfying as well.

Personally, I recommend just consuming cannabis the way you enjoy it.

Dude are you honestly trying to say that a bic lighter burns 300 degrees celsius hotter than magma and can melt iron? I mean that has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this website. Pyrex glass melts at 1600 degrees celsius, every pipe/bong I've owned would be nothing but molten glass if what you say is true. I think you're some kid who made up a bunch of bullshit and posted it here to be totally frank with you. You're right edibles and vaporizing will make more use of your weed but believe it or not there is a reason that people continue to smoke the weed instead of eat it/vaporize it and its because the high is more manageable/more enjoyable (for most).

13. yea no shit.

1,970 C = 3,578 F  from a bic lighter , LOL yea where did this kid get this bullshit?

As far as Efficiency I will never give a fuck, grow for a few years and you will be throwing the shit away.

14. Dude what are you talking about you can burn rhe earth core with a bic. Burn various metals also

Sent from my SGH-T959

15. I have melted gold with my bic

Sent from my SGH-T959

16. All you need for efficient weed smoking is this:
    [​IMG]

17. yeah for a bum

18. Would a non-bum worry about efficient weed use?

19. Plenty of other efficient ways, your still using a bic just like everybody else so you're not saving any cannabinoids, just taking smaller hits, I could load a really small bowl in my bong, then there I'm just as efficient as you just not the bum way. Just saying.

20. if i'm following kitty oil recipe and i need more sedative effect should i just increase the temp? or increase the time of cooking?