Max Cannabis Nutrient / Truncheon Mixup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by inspired333, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Hey everyone.

So, I just received my Truncheon meter today - I needed it weeks ago, and wasn't going to flip until I had one.

I ordered the "Commercial Truncheon meter which has a slightly higher scale than the "standard" truncheon meter.
    They sent me the freakin' standard one!! F**K. I just had a feeling the whooole time I've been waiting for my order (like over 2 weeks) that "somethings gonna be wrong, it always is; they're gonna f**k up, I can feel it". Then 'BOOM', they f**k it up.

So my question is kind of urgent, and important none-the-less.
    What is the highest possible ppm/EC we need for the this type of crop? I don't care if ya tell me in ppm 500, ppm 700, or EC so long as you specify which one, please.

I know it may depend on which brand of nutes you're using; just tell me the highest - and again please specify which brand you're talking about if you don't mean "in general".
    And I know it's strain dependant too; again I just want to know the highest reading.

The meter I wanted, the Commercial Truncheon, reads 0.4 EC to 6.0 EC. That is 200 ppm to 3000 ppm (500 scale)
    The meter I received, the Standard Truncheon, reads 0.2 EC to 3.6 EC. That is 100 ppm to 2000 ppm (500 scale)

Needless to say, I'm pissed. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help.

Note: I think the range of 200 ppm to 3000 ppm is a Great range.

2. The highest ppm level you would see in hydroponics is 1400 on a 700 scale...

The level I shoot for in veg and flowering is between 1.2 and 1.7ec
    So like a 1000ppm to 1400ppm tops on the 700 scale...

:wave:

3. Really? Shit, that's only about 1000-1100 on the 500 scale if im not mistaken.
    I've heard of people going 2000ppm plus and it being strain (and sometimes nute brand dependant) and I assume that's on the 500/north american scale.

I just don't want to be in a situation where I need to go over what my meter reads, ya know.

Hmmm

PS: why do you use/quote the 700 scale, thought you were in the US?

Peace

4. Cause currently I'm running AN and they are originally and still based in Canada (if I'm not mistaken)...
    I really use EC and do not care about conversions of the meter to get ppm...

Like I say, usually I'm between a 1.2 and 1.7, ever so often I'll run it up to a 1.8-2.0 just to see how much they can handle, because I like to push them pretty hard in week 4 and 5 of flowering.....

Rarely am I over a 2.0, unless it was an oopsy... ;)

5. Cool,
    I trust your (and others) word on this.. I've heard similar but wanted to make sure what I buy is the last thing I need to buy; that it will do (the range) what I need it to do.

Thanks

6. I'm one of them grower that like to push the envelope, but more is not always better...
    It's really you start at a rule of thumb and then try to fine tune the nutes up or down to the strain..

But again, I personally do not feel a need to ever go over a 2.0 ec..
    Some nutrient lines want like a 2.4 to 2.7 ec....

But that stick is still good to go... ;)
    Get the difference refunded and spend it on something else you need....

7. Well, if 2.4 & 2.7 EC are considered on the high side (1350ppm) then I should be ok with this meter. 3.6 EC max.

The company, who has excellent, friendly, helpful customer service btw, gave me a very nice discount on the truncheon in the form of a refund of some $'s. And also said if I wanted to get the commercial version in the future I could have it at cost.
    That is how you treat customers properly :)
    I'm happy with the way they handled it.

Can we name names here?

Thanks for the advice JJ.