Matzah Ball soup w/ Challah Bread Bowl

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by ParbakeJake, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Check it.

I made Challah a normal 6 braid way, but bunched up the braids at both ends a lot. This made the ends getting way bigger than the middle (looked like a braided dumbbell) Then I cut the ends off and hollowed them out, filled with matzo ball soup.

Trying to think of another soup that would be good, I just really love Challah bread. Did Matzah ball because wanted to do Jewish bread with a Jewish soup =)

2. Apperantly us jews are in the minorty in this forum :wave:

Matzah ball soup is da bomb!

3. I had some matzah ball soup yesterday. I miss making challah with my family...definitely a top childhood memory.

4. I'm not Jewish but I've got to thank the Jews for challah. Having a loaf of that in the house is like having a block of chocolate, every time I walk into the kitchen I end up leaving with some in my hand. I've never heard of making it into a bowl, though. That is something I'd really like to try. I've never had matzah ball soup either... better get onto trying that.

5. Matzah Ball soup!

I fuckin love it, have it every April for passover in Brooklyn (only a quarter Jewish, definitely a Goy, but we keep the tradition going). Its like chicken soup with dumplings except so much better.

I hate gefilte fish.

6. Yum! Amazing idea. Can't believe I've never done this. Making challah is one of my top childhood memories too.

7. While I'm not Jewish myself, I do love quite a bit of your culture's food.

Awesome stuff.

:D