Maturity

Discussion in 'General' started by oHlGHo, Oct 8, 2012.

1. What needs to come along with using cannabis? What do you think is needed to be a functionable marijuana user? I really hate the stereotyping that comes along with it and I think us as a counter cultural community should be able to fit in and be considered equal. There needs to be standards that people should meet.

2. A counter-culture community by definition can't fit in with the dominant culture. It goes against mainstream norms and values.

And while I agree people should know as much as possible about weed and acknowledge its potentially negative effects, if this is a community with the only qualifier being weedsmoking, (something all types of people do) there's gonna be a lot of scumbags and misguided people who won't play by the rules regardless.

3. [quote name='"Herb Hancock"']

A counter-culture community by definition can't fit in with the dominant culture. It goes against mainstream norms and values.

And while I agree people should know as much as possible about weed and acknowledge its potentially negative effects, if this is a community with the only qualifier being weedsmoking, (something all types of people do) there's gonna be a lot of scumbags and misguided people who won't play by the rules regardless.[/quote]

Not fit in, but be there and not be considered different. I wish people would be more mature and not try and shove shit down people's throats. Living up to the stupid stereotypes that should have died out years ago. I think it is sort of people of the cannabis community that could be to blame for this, the ignorant ones of course.

4. You expect a race of animals to accept us, when there was periods of time when we didn't even accept black people, we don't even treat the gays with respect today.... Humans are not mature, and your expectations are unrealistic.

5. [quote name='"Blaze"']

You expect a race of animals to accept us, when there was periods of time when we didn't even accept black people, we don't even treat the gays with respect today.... Humans are not mature, and your expectations are unrealistic.[/quote]

I don't think they are unrealistic and what I'm saying is far off from an expectation. It is a reachable goal that could be achieved through showing we are all people of (for the most part) good morale.

6. here is just one simple question for you, why do you care what other people think?

As long as you are a good person, with good morale, then other peoples opinions are irrelevant because you know yourself better than a random asshole.

7. [quote name='"Blaze"']

here is just one simple question for you, why do you care what other people think?

As long as you are a good person, with good morale, then other peoples opinions are irrelevant because you know yourself better than a random asshole.[/quote]

I honestly couldn't care less about others opinion. But the illegality and hate braught to people is too much.

8. You sound like my mother when I was 5 years old. Truth is dude, the whole sticks and stones thing is a bunch of bullshit. Words and opinions DO matter and they CAN hurt.

I don't think it's unreasonable for OP to make this suggestion. Every medicinal state I have been to I didn't get a good vibe with what OP is referring to. The only place I have been to where the majority of people don't look at you differently for smoking is Colorado.

I agree that we humans are immature. But dude, weed has been around and legal for 99.9999999999% of the human race's existence. It's only been a period of 60-80 years in the 20th century leading up to now that humans have had problems with it -- social problems stemming from it. Why? Because of a lie. A lie cannot persist forever because in the end the truth ALWAYS wins.

9. [quote name='"MrTea"']

You sound like my mother when I was 5 years old. Truth is dude, the whole sticks and stones thing is a bunch of bullshit. Words and opinions DO matter and they CAN hurt.

I don't think it's unreasonable for OP to make this suggestion. Every medicinal state I have been to I didn't get a good vibe with what OP is referring to. The only place I have been to where the majority of people don't look at you differently for smoking is Colorado.

I agree that we humans are immature. But dude, weed has been around and legal for 99.9999999999% of the human race's existence. It's only been a period of 60-80 years in the 20th century leading up to now that humans have had problems with it -- social problems stemming from it. Why? Because of a lie. A lie cannot persist forever because in the end the truth ALWAYS wins.[/quote]

Exactly.