Mature enough to induce flowering??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Danger420, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Hey there,

So I'm a new grower, and I believe I have everything figured out except the flowering process.
    I basically want to know if my plants are mature enough to move to 12-12, or if it will do nothing but stress them. I am suddenly in a bit of a hurry to get this grow done.

They are approx 3 1/2 weeks old and under 200 w of 2700k and 240 w of 6000k (which will be swapped for 2700k).

I hope you can see the photos. If so, do you think I can throw them in 12-12? Would it even be worth it in terms of yield?

Attached Files:

2. You can throw them into 12/12 whenever you want.. Personally they look small though. I would wait til they are about a foot tall from dirt to top of plant.

3. Agreed

Sent from iPhone 5

4. With as many as you have they for your space, I would wait a little bit. Depending on your plant they can stretch to double the size easy when you bloom.

Maybe another week or two at the most though.

5. Give them at least two-three more weeks, given the space you have. You might as well make the harvest as large as you can.

6. I would probably flower based on the total height of your grow area. A good rule of thumb that I use is I induce when it gets to about 1/3 of the total height of the grow area. I use 1/3 because my Yieldmaster II cool reflector hanging from the ceiling actually takes up a lot of height than you think (especially with the pulley hanger).

7. Cool, thanks a lot guys! I think I'll go with the ft rule, if I wait too long I won't be able to smoke any of it before I start work.