Matt's 1-day 100% Germination Technique

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by backfromthedead, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Seeds

Don't waste time with bagseeds! Bagseeds out of weed that was trafficed was grown for smoke - but something went wrong. In my experience most bagseed is a result of a stray hermie! But in the US or UK it might be different. If your bag of weed is noticably an outdoor grow-it could be viable beans! Always get quality genetics, I spent 3 months training a hermie on a screen, found out it was hermie - then had to chop it and go get better genes! I recommend Lowryder or Lowryder #2 genes due to simplicity and short veg time. My sig contains a coupon code.

Materials

+ Regular paper towel (No brown, No Scents, etc.)
    + Measuring cup
    + warm water
    + plastic wrap
    + flouro light fixture or stereo that gives off heat or a TV
    + Seeds
    + latex gloves (Or something so your hands don't touch the water or paper towels!)

Method

-Fold two sheets of paper towel together (like closing a book)
    -Fold that in half
    -Repeat once then move to next step

-Now line the walls of the measuring cup with one of your folded dry paper towel pieces
    -Now Add your warm water (<80*F) only fill the bottom half inch with water. Let the paper towel saturate fully

-Now add your second folded papertowel sheet and let it saturate against the papertowel pieces that lines the walls of the measuring cup. Now you have a dual layer liner around the inside of the measureing cup with warm water, perfect!
    - make small pockets inbetween the layers by sticking the layers together in as many places as you have seeds.
    - Stick one seed in every pocket. Do not try to cover the seed completely you only need 2 small contact points on either side of each seed. The rest of the seed should get air!!! Never just plop your seeds in water.

-Now cover the measuring cup with plastic wrap and put it on a light fixture or something to keep it quite warm!!! The humidty inside the cup will be 100% its perfect method like hydroponics.

Always keep it covered, evapouration lowers the water tempurature and browns your paper towel (toxic).