mathew 15:22-28

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by DrFragenstein, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Matthew 15:22-28 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession.” Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.” He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.” The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said. He replied, “It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs.” “Yes, Lord,” she said, “but even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table.” Then Jesus answered, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Racist?

2. whats racist about it? (not being an ass, actually couldnt find anything racist)

3. The Bible is fucked up. It disgusts me, along with Religion.

It was used as a moral guide 2000 years ago when it had an actual purpose. In the 21st century, every Bible should be burned and thrown away, unless, people stop taking it as the word of a non existent omnipotent deity and start looking at it as a fiction story.

p.s. I ran out of rolling paper and now I'm smoking Luke 21:27 in french lol. :D

4. He was going to deny her child the healing because she was not a jew.

5. whaaaaaat the gospels are the shit. if matthew 5-7 was burned I would be seriously upset. great moral section.

old testament can fuck itself though

6. He was referring to her daughter as not deserving of redemption most likely do to the choices she made in life, it had nothing to do with her being a Jew or not. IMO

7. according to some beliefs, basing from Messianic Judaism (christian + Jewish) jesus, came to be the savior not specifically toward the world. even though he said, he came for everyone, there are parts where it says he came for the jewish people, through prophetical books such as Isaiah. he is not necessarily being racist toward teh caananite woman, he simply is saying that he is not there for that person at that moment.

8. Why do we need the bible to be morally good?

Can you not do the right thing simply because it is the right thing to do?

Sheeeesh.

9. Its funny when people say this.

People could use the teachings of Jesus today more than ever. The world is filled with hate, greed, violence, racism, liars, thieves, cheating, etc.

Atleast the teachings of Jesus helps inspire good morality, even thats not enough obviously. Do you even know what you're saying?

10. I think jesus was a prety cool guy, eh healed jewish girls and doesnt afraid of anything.

11. #11 DrFragenstein, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
    maybe you should look the it up, he clearly was not going to heal her because she was not a child of israel( a jew ).Like 420hazo said there are MANY places in the bible where jesus say's he is only here for the jew's.

12. Do I know what I'm saying? Well duh... Why do you need Jesus to tell you that returning that $10,000 you just found is the right thing to do?

Most people know killing is wrong without Jesus having to tell them.

Even when Jesus was alive there was hate, greed, violence, racism, liars, thieves, cheating, etc.

Seems like Jesus is doing a pretty good job :rolleyes:

13. Thats just the way it is, there are many people that have second thoughts about committing murder and other crimes because of the belief and possibility of God. In the end, it does help keep many people in check. I bet many atheists even have second thoughts about doing certain things because of the possibility of the afterlife/God, its normal.

14. I'm not affiliated with any religion or atheism but I can see what you mean. I live by my own set of moral principles.

I just don't see why you need someone else to tell you that something is the right thing to do. Granted not everyone knows what the right thing to do is (mentally ill people, etc) but for the majority of people they know what they need to do.

15. #15 Kush Lord, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2012
    I dont "need" it...its just something that helps confirm my deep intuitions.

Another thing, what gives you the feeling of knowing right and wrong? Maybe its from God. You dont have to believe it but there are others that do for various reasons.

16. That's really not that hard of a question. Most people have had a decent upbringing, and even gang bangers at least have a basic idea of what is right and wrong.

You're right that there is no "universal right" but from my upbringing I have a good idea of what is morally good and what is morally wrong. None of which I was taught by the bible.

I understand that you need to have confirmation that what you believe is the right thing, but I don't need an external force to tell me that, I am confident that what I believe and do is the right thing. Of course no one is 100% perfect and everyone makes mistakes (me included :p).

And I don't care what other people believe, it's just when other people push their beliefs, that's when it irks me. You might need the bible to confirm you beliefs but person A over there doesn't necessarily need it.

17. I never said there is no universal right/wrong. There very well may be if God exists.

18. That seems like what you were implying to me. Who determines what is right/wrong, kind of ties in with the universal thing. And if god exists ;)