Matanuska Thunderfuck

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by grannyfran, Mar 25, 2017.

1. I wonder if Matanuska Thunderfuck is alive and well or dead and gone. Having spent some wild years in the last frontier I think it would be fun to grow this strain for sentimental reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. I think is mostly clone only, you struggle to find seeds. But there are some interesting crosses kicking around one being Thunderfuck haze by Reefermans seeds. Dr greenthumb also has a strain called Matanuska Thunderfuck but from what I've heard its not like the old school version.

• Like Like x 1
  3. It's around. I know people in Alaska with it. When it comes from the illegal days you have to wonder if someone just slapped the well known name on their own stash to capitalize. I've seen it at seed banks. There's at least one MTF grow here on the forums now. Some reggae looking avatar.

• Like Like x 3
  4. I have also read that there is no actual strain in the beginning that was called MTF. In the late 70's and early 80's when hippy pot growers first figured out hybrids that grew outdoors good in Matanuska and how to tent their crops to force flower before the short summer got too cold anything grown in that valley outdoors that got on the black market in the rest of the state had that name.

The outdoor up there turned out different because of the 24hr veg real sunlight. That's how they grow cabbages the size of volkswagens. Can you imagine vegging cannabis with 24hrs of actual sun? How big would it get?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. It sounds an interesting strain to grow indoors.