masturbation?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by joe Biggs, May 31, 2008.

1. lets say us humans didnt have a developed society with health class and all. so us as animals have the instinct to have sex/reproduce w/o adults telling us what it is at a young age but do would we have this similar instinct for masturbation?

2. I think you are living in the delusion that only humans masturbate...

3. monkeys do but i dont think they do it for pleasure. i doubt they fully understand happiness, i mean they probably understand hunger and pain but not feelings.

4. So you are telling me you have never seen a dog lick himself? And that is all in the duty of hygiene?

If so I doubt most humans are as clean as any male dog around his knob.

Next argument please...

5. so ur saying animals understand they have the capability to cause their own happiness. im sorry i doubt that.

6. Get a couple of kittens and observe as they grow up and socialize with other cats. Then tell me cats don't socially engineer to make their own life even slackier. Teh bastards :D

7. Animals do not masturbate for pleasure, most aren't smart enough.
    We as humans most likely would, we just wouldn't have the same morals as we do now, but we wouldnt degenerate into pure animal behaviour based only on instincts.

Dogs lick themselves to be clean and that is it.
    Sorry but if you think they're up to any more than that,
    Then your dog is much much smarter than the average dog
    (Which I doubt)

8. uhhhhh wtf? you serious about that? hahah i think you should re-read that statement. smart enough to masturbate? give a potato a dick and it will find a way to get off.

and i think its pretty rediculous to think that an animal can't determine what makes them happy and how to trigger such pleasures. (especially masturbation. i mean come on now)

have you ever seen animals play? maybe you should visit some monkeys at the zoo and see how the children behave.

9. [​IMG]

at least dogs dont say shit like, "whoo cowboy!" when they are at the end of the bed listening to us bone

10. Hehehehe, QED!

11. Man, I had never heard of Q.E.D. before, but look what Wikipedia had to say about it:

"Currently, it has become so symbolic of irrefutable logic that "Q.E.D." is occasionally used in non-mathematical contexts as well to intensify assertions; in this context it has little connection with rigorous deduction, however, and is more tongue-in-cheek."

12. Which is why I used it in a "tongue-in-cheek" manner. I guess my english-influenced sense of humour might pass right over the head of some americans, but I am pleased you followed my link docJ :)

13. Idk, I mean. Cats like it when you pet them. Because it feels good. So you're saying animals don't have a sense of what feels good? It's not like an animal licks himself because he feels powerful cuz he KNOWS he's doing it. He noticed it feels good, and does it more because it feels good.
    And about the kid thing
    I'm sure a lot of people you will talk to said they used to 'experiment' when they were little kids. Cuz they knew it felt good. :confused:

14. Thanks Vicious. And for a laugh: "Orangutans are especially inventive. They make dildos of wood and bark" - The origin of human tools perhaps? :D

15. It's funny to insist we have the authority to judge the reasons certain animals have for masturbating. :D

16. regardless of reason, many do...plus...i mean im not sure about this, but dont males have to bust every now and then because if left alone too long you can develop cancer in your balls...maybe?

i love how anybody could underestimate animals so much. so stupid...

17. What the fuck does happiness have ot do with masterbation.

18. youre not happy after you masturbate? do you cry?

19. understanding happiness? happiness is an emotion, theres nothing to understand about it.

look up bonobos. those dudes play penis swords. granted a lot of that has to do with dominance and conflict resolution, they have seen bonobos just hanging out touching their weeners. i mean hey, ive done the same thing. it makes me happy as i assume it makes them happy lol.