Mastermind Group For Legal Marijuana Business Movement

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by Spark It Up, Apr 15, 2014.

1. #1 Spark It Up, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    I wanted to start a thread where aspiring ganjapreneurs can seek out help with different fears, issues, problems, or just a general ignorance on the basis of the business of marijuana. Lets keep this motivational, no idea is bad - totally- rather than squashing someones dreams, lets help them tweak their ideas so that it can be beneficial.

Questions to keep in mind when posting:

If I were to try and start a business in the marijuana industry tomorrow.....

Where would I start?
    Is this a good idea?
    I'm stuck, should I move to a legal area or focus on my current city, state, or country?

Also recommendations of solid marijuana business book are welcome.

Guys think outside the box here. The marijuana industry is about to explode and we can all be apart of it in someway or another. Start really "dreaming" about what you see yourself doing in the industry in the future. It doesn't even have to be a dispensary. Think about all the problems you can solve revolving around the business of marijuana. What products can be invented or fixed? 

Bottom line is, lets start collaborating, brainstorming, and motivating one another to exceed our potentials. If anything do it for the herb.

There are so many opportunities when it comes to this industry and the hemp industry as well. Piggybacking of the producers may be a smarter and safer road to take, but that is only my opinion.

I may even be more profitable in the long run.

My take for bypassing most of the federal restrictions is creating an online business centered around the Marijauna industry. Niching down within this industry is going to vital for the future. I know, I tried going broad but it didn't work and I gained no traction whatsoever.

The smartest move you can make is niching down within the industry, brainstorming and testing potentially profitable ideas, and then launching.

Advice from one entrepreneur to the next, don't take impulsive action steps. The idea might be great and it might sound great to you and all your friends but until you truly test the idea, validate its profitability, and find your market that will actually pay, you will never go anywhere.

It is easy for the scam websites to say, "Just go for it and improve after" because they don't have to provide you any benefit, they are just feeding off your impulsive human nature. Like i said, my take is to first niche down, come up with a profitable idea, and then grow from there.

Doesn't it make sense to test it; prototype your ideas at the beginning and find out if your baby of an idea was horrible or not, rather than end up months or years down the road in a state of self denial praying and hoping that your business will take off? Only until you finally come the conclusion that there is truly no demand for your product or service? Even though this is just a small dent in the realm of business as well as online business, these are definitely some major first action steps to consider taking. You have to start somewhere and in order to OWN and not run your dream business of the future you have to start small and grow from them. 

I hope everyone finds this beneficial to them and their potential business.

If you find this intriguing or helpful and would like to chat some more feel free to PM me, otherwise comment and let me know what you think. I would love to keep in touch. 

2. Hemp, hemp, hemp. There is almost no infrastructure built to process hemp, and there's so much hemp can do- clothes, treeless paper, and much more.

Sent from my iTaco

3. I'm currently vetting some ideas. What does grasscity think of these?

Strain T shirts
    A shirt made from hemp that has a strain name, what the cross is, sativa/indica/hybrid and dispensary where you bought it.

Strain Cards
    These will be handed out to the patient when they purchase a specific strain. The card will have all cross information and history of that strain and what ailments it's best for. It will also have a section where you can put the lab results of how it tested out.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Sounds like an awesome idea, although the cards would have to be made either with cooperation from or through the breeders and seed banks, otherwise they may not be accurate.

Sent from my iTaco

5. I'm speaking to testing labs about this as something they can offer their customers. The lab can build brand recognition with their name on the report and the cultivation center can have the option to have their name on it as well to build their brand. This will all get printed on a label that can be put on any packaging.

So far feedback has been positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Money, money, money. It's going to take money to make money in this industry. To start stores it will take a great deal of cash.
    Try to invent something new. Tools for growing, trimming thing like this.
    They just came out a few years ago and every one is buying them up.

http://www.harvest-more.com

• Like Like x 1
    I totally agree with you on the money aspect. But like you said try to invent something new or build a business within a specific niche in the industry. 

Considering the fact that me and you are on the same page.  What are some ideas that you have come up with and what was the one thing that held you back from pursing it? 

What do you think is the hardest part about getting into the marijuana industry? (besides legalization)

Good insights. 

Do you have any ideas regarding the hemp industry specifically? 

I am not the most informed guy on the subject, so would you mind educating me? haha
    Dude that is a badass idea. I honestly never would've thought of something like that. If you get the seedbanks and labs on board you're golden. Also another thing I will need to look into, but going on your idea- a friend of mine just a job at one of the major testing facilities in Boston. All I know is that it is a pretty major testing faccility but when I find out more, I will see if I can connect you with him. -You never know, even if you don't get the west coast on board, you take over the east coast the rest will follow. Feel free to message me and give me some contact info and we will see what we can do.

Questions that i have.

What are the hardest parts of getting your idea out there?

What else have you tried? What worked what didnt?

*I want this thread to be supportive and educational for anyone who is considering jumping into the industry. Please keep up the great responses. It definitely gets my creative juices flowing - all I need now is some bud :p*

8. #8 Sgtstadanko707, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
    This is what you will be up against. How much for just the space. Then the lights. And over head. Money money money. Oh guess where this is. My home town. Can't wait.

A Los Angeles-based company is proposing a 600,000-square-foot indoor hydroponic medical marijuana grow that would be the largest in the United States.

The proposed grow would be located in one of the largest vacant buildings in Chico, California, located at Chico Municipal Airport Industrial Park, once occupied by clothing distributor Koret, reports Toni Scott of the MediaNews Group.

The property is being eyed by Plant Properties Management, LLC, which has hopes of creating a business model unparalleled in the medical marijuana industry.

9. I am not very creative, I have the green thumb and space. 800 acres and enough cash for a good start up.

I would look into extracts as a business to try and explore. Flowers will be a thing of the past.

10. Next door to Tommy Chong's house. I'd make bank......

11. ive got a razor blade that works fine already.

much cheaper........

12. Yeah those are dumb. I have like 8 of those honey bee trim
    Bins. They are awsome

13. Love the posts so far. I like the back and forth and being real. Its hard to find that along different forums most of the time the posts are random and off topic. Lets keep this thread productive!

I was talking to some friends the other day and I asked them this question.

Is it possible to start a marijuana based online business, solely funded by passive income?

Its funny that their responses were NO WAY!

Little do they know the power of technology and the internet age we live in today. Marijuana is a product, which encompasses an entire market surrounded by it. Who say that you have to just sell inventions, gadgets, fertilizers, or even bud? Have you ever thought about taking your knowledge and expertise to the next level and charging people for it? 
    Can you teach others things that they might not know? Remember what comes easily to you is extremely valuable to other around you.

You never know, your ideas, knowledge and expertise could be the tipping point to the marijuana industry as it stands today. 

Take a hard look at yourself, your life, and what you know and see what you can come up with! 

There are ways to make it happen. Remember think outside of the box, OR in our case, outside of the hotbox.

Peace and love my friends, pot will be legal soon lets hop on for the ride!

Let other know what you are thinking of, if you are that worried that someone is going to steal it, fuck them. Don't worry, its your original idea and if they take it they can only go so far, but getting your idea out there is so valuable.

QUESTION:
    What are you hopes and dreams for the future of the marijuana industry and where do you see yourself in the realm of it?

14. Your technology is what would hurt your idea of charging people for your knowledge of the plant. Any question you have can be found in the internet. Why pay for it. Another example. Oaksterdamn is the school in ca that teaches you all about mj. They use ed rosenthal 3 part book for the class. They charge around 4k to go to a 8 week course. You can buy all 3 book for 100 buck. Also it's just growing. It's really isn't that hard.

No I am completely on the same page with you, I am not the best grower, and I know that. But with billions of people on this Earth the possibilities of innovation in this market is incredible! And plus, you could totally work your way up to being an expert in the industry and scale upwards from there increasing potential in all avenues within the market. 
    Start small thats all I am saying and from there continually build, and yeah there is classes and colleges and shit like that but people don't necessarily want that. If you want to grow go for it, but theres other possibilities out there regarding the industry as a whole...also including the hemp industry, who knows. 

If you disagree feel free to let me have it. Just keep it constructive, we are one body all with one mindset in mind, legal marijuana for anyone who wants it. We are a team so lets work together.

16. IMO a hot new field is going to be "Grow Op Technician" who are highly skilled at building, maintaining and servicing legal grow rooms/greenhouses etc. Plenty of people will be entering the business as owners/investors who do not have the capability or desire to build/service their grow up. In time I expect such companies to have routine service call routes, just like all other technicians/contractors.

I'm personally real excited for hemp. When I get ahold of some property in the near future I'm going to set up a R&D registry with the state (CO) so I can grow hemp and experiment making clothes, oil, form-boards, hempcrete, hemp-plumbing pipes, biodiesel and potentially dynamite, for research purposes of course. Aside from the infrastructure still needing built... there needs to be a lot of real-world experimenting done. We're talking about a multi-billion dollar industry that needs built from the ground up.

On that note, hemp SEED supplier is going to be in high demand for the next few years. Ryan Loflin of CO, who planted and harvested 60 acres of hemp right after A64 passed... had to smuggle seeds from across the borders. He and other hemp farmers are faced with the challenge of getting viable hemp seed. Assuming the seed is kept non-GM, as more harvests are completed the seed banks can be built... But IMO because there is a high demand for hemp seed for nutritional products and seed oil, with simultaneously a high demand for seed to grow crops, the demand overall is compounded. If a farmer set up a viable seed bank for hemp I think they'd be selling like hot cakes for quite some time.

Wow, great insights my friend. You really have a good head on your shoulders. I know the hemp industry was going to be huge as well but I think you have opened the eyes of alot of others as well. Great details.

Im guessing you are hoping to get started with this business venture relatively soon, correct? 

18. I seen strain t-shirts already . Have seen any cards . The tee shirts might be snoops idea . Or wu-tang can't remember .'but they had white rhyno ,train wreck , ... And it looked like a element from the peridoc table . They were sweet . Wouldn't mind seeing more . Like maybe shishkaberry. Or a site where you can make your own shirt .

Sent from your mom's phone.

19. There are so many opportunities when it comes to this industry and the hemp industry as well. Piggybacking of the producers may be a smarter and safer road to take, but that is only my opinion.

Guys i wanted to bring your attention back to the top post that I posted to start this mastermind group. I added some more details that I think you guys might find useful and spark different ideas for potential businesses.

Feel free to let me know if you disagree or agree. I am open for all feed back. 

20. This is yet another timely post for me. I have been thrust into the medical marijuana industry and am very much looking forward to the adventure. I have started and run three profitable engineering companies but have had to remove myself from those industries. So in researching how I could grow for my own medical marijuana, I found a huge industry waiting to be legitimized. One thing I found was the money issues. It appears there is invested money ready to go to the business but it is hard to get the funds to the users. Although the Feds have stated that banks can do business with this industry, we still have dispensary employees running around with huge amounts of cash. That is very dangerouse. It's seems those with the experience to start a coop for farmers and business are afraid not of the law, but the stigma it carries. So I am trying to gather interest from folks who need some banking/funding assistance as I explore this avenue.

Love the ideas so far. Our detractors who claim loss of motivation and couch lock as the hallmark of the 420 community should be sent some of these threads.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum