Master Kush White Widow harvest and new Journal

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Greenlanterns, Oct 11, 2008.

1. #1 Greenlanterns, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2008
    Hey I've been kicking around these forums for a while and figured it was time to start any kind of journal so here we go.

I am a caregiver to several patients and have just started a very small op with a partner to provide for them.

Right now weve been going under 3 HPS inline 600watters and have seen just about every problem, topping it off with spider mites just recently leading to this preemptive harvest. (the mites were very early on they had just started to devour 1 plant on fan leaves only.)

Decided the best way to deal with the mites is to chop everything get it dried and jarred and sterilize the entire property heh.

This is about 2/3 of my current harvest, second harvest at this place, third ever (im very young :p)

Most of what you see here is white widow, my camera sucks and just ran out of batteries but rest assured its very nice looking smelling sticky medicine.

Attached Files:

2. #2 Greenlanterns, Oct 11, 2008
    the next harvest we will be attempting to run 2 bubble-maids and fill the rest of the area with soil

3. Sucks about the mites.:( I know you chopped early but just curious(even on your last grows)
    What have you been getting for yields (dry weight)off of 4x 600w lights? How many plants? Co2? Any topping, fimming, or lst? Soil or hydro? Sorry bout all the questions, the reason why i ask is because my flower room has 3x600w. and all the toys. This will be my first grow(hydro, and some soil) and i always wonder what i can produce once i have a few grows under my belt. THANKS!

4. #4 Greenlanterns, Oct 11, 2008
    First yield was severely mauled by excessive heat, humidity, and extreme alkalinity in the water (anyone want a glass of 8.6 to drink?). the plants that did well had about 2.5 oz on them and were only vegged for 3 weeks flowered for 8. those had large footprints that would fit about 6 under a light comfortably. the quality was however top notch and cured incredibly well.

This one was raped by fungus root gnats (which i was still combating when i found the mites on 1 girl), and the humidity change when we stopped needed AC screwing up my watering cycle (pots didnt dry out for over a week because the temps went down.

the good plants im harvesting now are very dense, vegged for only 1 week (they had branches so..), and have around 2 ounces on them maybe more in some cases, and have very small footprints (9 could fit comfortaby under one light in a nice square with very little training). however some of the young veggers did not take off in the begginging of flowering and were tiny sog type plants with an ounce on them (16 inch tall).
    so i think we will have to go back to bigger plants, 1 week veg was too unpredicable even though some of these plants are barely bushier than the 5 gal pots and would make an amazing canopy fitting about 10-12 under a 600W.

so if you veg for a month and you get branchy plants put 6 under each light and expect 3 oz each, or you can veg for less time and put more. i may even try to LST 4 large plants in a square under a light, with 4 more plants with all branches chopped poking up around the outside middle to catch the most light i can on some perimeter colas.

needless to say i'm very happy about the hardiness of the master kush, i literally dont think i could kill them if i tried the WW is much more pernicky, less harsh more cerebral high but some patients like the kush more so.

as far as the smell the kush wins hands down amazing fruity smell. widow is kind of musky and sharp smelling. trichs are about the same. kush is more woody, resulting in harsher smoke. but it has a much more narcotic high. still cant find a sat dom that tastes anywhere near a pure haze probably because of the wood/hemp factor .

to sum it up tho IF we ever get it flowing smoothly in here in the next couple months (winter is coming bringing totally opposite issues) i expect we can easially pull 1.5lb per light but, were getting a new place this spring so things might never iron out here but there it will be surgically engineered, building from scratch :). right now we get enough for our patients even though very many plants have been pretty mauled (crowding heat watering nutes mites gnats u name it ) partially because theres been so much work for me to do i havnt been able to commit fully. so we dont get close to 1.5 per light but thats what ya aim for till ya get there and beyond.

5. #5 Arnold420, Oct 11, 2008
    Thanks dude, My set up will be 12 ebb and grow 3 1/2 gal buckets. 4 plants per light, 8weeks veg and 8 weeks flower. Jacky White and Delahaze (paradise seeds) Also a legal grower

6. #6 Greenlanterns, Oct 11, 2008
    i honestly suggest you look into DWC rubbermaids housing 6 baskets with MAD air stones in them with lucas formula, this is really the way to go for starting and finishing hydro according to some of amazing journals i have seen, airflow on the roots is key and you dont get that with ebb(also the reason i got screwed with my wet soil). also see edit at the end above. the DWC rubbermaid thing is also very easy to make and cheap as hell.

if your going to veg for 8 weeks.. you will need a serious SCrog or your plants will be 5 feet tall by mid flower, and its arguable that you would get the same yield vegging less if you get the same number of branches and budsites into the 36 inch range from the bulb(vegging for 8 weeks you will have serious popcorn issues at the bottom). just some advice

7. My room allows enough for five foot plants my lights are air cooled real good, i can touch the glass and its not even hot (can put lights real close to plants, just about touching) and i plan on doing a little lst to keep plants around 3to 4ft with an even canopy (no popcorn). Your advice is much appreciated.

8. #8 Greenlanterns, Oct 11, 2008
    yea we were thinking about picking up some cooltubes with reflectors on them these inline hoods are kind of wack i dunno they dont seal well at all. im on a total rampage on the rubbermaid bubbles i cant wait to get my hands on some massive fishtank pumps, seeing what lack of oxygen did to some of these roots is sickening.
    wasnt trying to be sarcastic about giving advice, im just obsessing over bubbles and my partner wants to do drip for low maintenence but im flipping out on this oxygen thing probably just cause i overwatered i know ebb can do well. one thing that does sometimes happen growing tall plants tho is you get a couple who decide they just want to be 16 inch tall bricks with 10 bricks on branches, i guess you can throw some milk crates under it and get longer hoses tho

put a huge bubbling device in your res there we go hehe
    *oh , even tho the tube is cool to the touch it still generates enough radiation to damage a plant at point blank, not so bad with 600 compared to 1000 though., and the leaves by it will need almost as much airflow on them because they are converting that into heat and moisture/o2. i have burned a few plants with our fxtures even with the temp at 78 on the place that gets burned , which was about 8 inches away from the glass (not a tube tho, but almost as cool) .. man this scissor hash has me ranting time for bed i think.

9. continued warring the spider mites, spraying all the cleared out area with very strong pine sol/water and basically any surface around and in my office where i cure, probably going to continue sanitizing every day just to kill them when they hatch and start crawling around being evil. still 12 plants up under 1 light that were potted a few weeks after the first batch. ive been treating them as if they have been infested and hitting the underside of the leaves with gognats anyway (no mites visible on em tho so i think its good.)

going to order some genetics soon im thinking superbud NL 5 and electric fruit punch just to cover all the basics for the patients and have a nice variety, along with the MK and WW (if the mothers/clones stay healthy. i say mothers but they arent really big enough to be considered mothers yet, kind of slow growth.

going to make some small bubble buckets for vegging, definately need a boost for the next batch of clones or genetics. (had very limited budget when it came to a seperate veg area).

also going to make 2 or 3 large bubble tubs for the new seeds. which i will save some of for the place we are moving into.

all my spare time going into planning a 16/38 grow area for our new place.

its going to have all the toys, and be immaculately constructed from scratch within a much much larger space (about 40x75 with 35 ft ceiling) the 16x38 is in the center, all the ducting will be outside the box which will be fully sealed and insulated (exhaust ducting).

8x24 or 28 flower room with a row of rubber made bubble systems under inline 600s through 6 then 12 inch duct and a 12 in vortex.

seperate curing , veg, waqter treatment, and sanitation area that will be the only way in (no more mites)

entire inner system sealed with Co2 and ac being circulated through the curing and veg/water/flower areas, complete climate control , speed controls, sensors man o man this is going to be sweet.

lots of flystrips all around.. man these gnats are hard to eradicate

not bsin either :) gimme a couple months to get some pics going.all i will say is it helps alot being part of a fam. contracting buisiness.