Massive Moth On my Window (Pics)

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by DurbanPoison, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Thought this was just a big leaf at first... then realized there was a little body attached.

Sorry about the low-quality photos... new camera hasn't come in yet... Of course. (ironically enough, I wrecked my good camera trying to take a pic of some vicious dragonfly)

Closest thing I had for size comparison was a Burt's Bee's Beeswax Lip Balm tube... Same size as any chapstick, or what have you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I think i'd scream like a little girl if that landed on me:cool:

3. Haha! Yeah, man - it's was a bit startling realizing what it actually was.

4. That dragonfly that day was seriously evil and after you. If we wouldn't have fled that thing would have eaten us. Mainly you....it seemed to like you.

5. looks good, hiigh in protien.

6. Gypsy Moth?

Invasive species. Fuckers are like the size of bats and their larvae can completely decimate a tree when they hatch. Ugly bastards are all over the place by me

7. ive seen bigger. once i saw a dead one that i thought was a small dead bird.

8. I've seen this sort of thing before.

You're going to need an old priest, a young priest, and a magi.

9. moths give me the creeps, i cant stand finding a moth inside my house flying around the kitchen lights, i get so freaked out i have to be holding a baseball bat or my pellet gun. I think my paranoia from moths started when someone told me that it can blind your eyes if it flew over you. :laughing:

10. Haha durban, you must like that beeswax, its like the 2nd time Ive seen you use it for scale.

11. Mothra mothra come back mothra!!!!!

12. holy shit
    that fuckers huge!

:laughing:

13. Nice ;)

I've eaten one of these:

[​IMG]

14. Awww, what? That's not right.

15. We get those here. I hate moths man they eat through the screens in my window all the time, it does start to become expensive.

16. You should've sacrificed it to the devil, man

17. cool moth.
    dhouseholder...get metal screens.

18. i saw one in NC that was 12" wide!