Massive Friday protest in Egypt to demand implementing Islamic (Sharia) law

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Swills, Nov 9, 2012.

1. #1 Swills, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012
    Massive Friday protest in Egypt to demand implementing Islamic law - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online

Excluding the Muslim Brotherhood you say? I doubt that.

I've been hearing from some folks that Sharia Law is coming to America soon, mostly because of Obama (not that I believe it). I've also heard some pretty scary things about this Islamic law but at the same time I've heard more rational things. I've seen a YouTube video or two about Sharia Law so that means I'm pretty much an expert on the subject. Actually I don't know jack about the Law and am curious what posters on GC know and how they feel about it. Who hasn't heard about the crazy things that go on in the Middle East so fears about Sharia law I'm assuming are valid and I'm sure I would never want to live in a country that endorses it, right?

This part is fun,

Looks like I'm not moving to Egypt anytime soon. Now we all know the Muslim Brotherhood is infecting Middle Eastern nations capitalizing on the recent Arab Spring and looking to take over. So I'm hard pressed to believe the Muslim Brotherhood isn't all for the pro Sharia Law protests tomorrow.

Despite unclear stance, Brotherhood mobilises for pro-Sharia Friday - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online

The largest Islamic group is handing out flyers calling on the public and their own members to demand Islamic Law be implemented into their new constitution but they haven't officially stated their position yet... Well I'm sold, if the brotherhood is pushing for it then I'm totally against it. Is there good news on the horizon in hopes to stop the brotherhood and their influence in Egypt?

Well that's good news but how long is that gonna take because Egypt is running out of time and the people want their constitution and they want it NOW!

Egypt draft constitution to be finalised before 19 November: Assembly member - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online

And there you go, the clock is ticking. Will the Muslim Brotherhood be kick out? Will Sharia Law be implemented in Egypt's news constitution? What we do know is the Brotherhood is pushing for this to pass and fast before they get boot, but remember they haven't officially embraced it yet :lol:

And let's also ask the question, where does the White House stand on the Muslim Brotherhood? They fully endorse them, no?

2. Sharia law controls aspects of ones personal life, even hygeine, I don't believe for one second that Obama, or any president would ever bring that into the United States.

3. Not that it would surprise me since our Govt is already out of control but there's just no fuckin way Sharia law is coming to the USA. I think Glen Beck is the one spreading this fear mongering.

4. One thing Obama is definitely not interested in is implementing sharia law, he is a faux christian like the republican evangelicals.

5. In America, there are very few atheists elected to office above dog catcher.

Because of our separation of church and state, you know?

In Obama's true belief system, I believe they still sacrifice goats to Aten.

Same as in the old days. Same as they do in Jerusalem and Mecca both.

And still do in Egypt, where so many bad religions have been created, it's hard to count them.

It's a Mut of a problem.:D

6. Sharia law is coming to America only in the fantasy world built up in the minds of FOX News viewers everywhere.

Also, you should've deleted your mention of ATS.

7. Oh yeah, I forget to correct that and add GC. I'll fix it.

Is Fox News spreading the non sense of Sharia Law coming to the USA via Obama? I wouldn't be surprised.

8. #8 Swills, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012
    UPDATE

Salafists vow more protests for Sharia-based constitution - Politics - Egypt - Ahram Online

[​IMG]

Egypt's ultraconservatives demand Islamic law - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

[​IMG]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wj-zJ-Iu_M[/ame]