Mass. says new pot law allows other THC drugs, too

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by inkstigator, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Interesting stuff. We can only hope :)

2. I just hope people realize this is probably the only chance we'll have to show them this can work.. Mass tokers, don't be dumb and abuse it.. Don't go firing up your bubbler outside of McDonalds and such.. We want this to work!

3. Decrim. Laws need to come to Fl. =]

4. How far did the decriminalize it? Like, Amsterdam decriminalize, or Canada type law thing stuff? Excuse my ignorance. And congrats to MASS!:hello:[/end of stoned msg]

5. "The guidelines obtained Monday by The Associated Press say the law that takes effect Friday ends criminal penalties for possession of an ounce or less of THC — the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, hashish or hash oil."

how in the hell would you have an ounce of THC? :confused:

6. glad to see they're cutting citizens a break cause it's not bad to have a little weed if you want it.

7. Oh trust me, the cops didn't want this at all.
    I know in Boston it'll probly be less enforced than it is now, its already pretty decrim, in the city. The suburbs on the other hand is whats going to piss peoople off. Ah, whatever, the people spoke, time to get wit the progam :hello:.
    Are you guys sure its Friday though? i thought it didnt go into effect till the 20th?

8. An ounce of THC is going to be uber hard for law enforcement in the field to measure.

Hmm, interesting. It sounds like you could get away with having like a QP of heady bud if they're going purely on THC content and not plant material.

9. I think they mean an ounce of any materials containing THC, if I am interpreting it right.

10. When interpreting the law take what it says for what it says. If it says ounce of THC in the law or whatever, its an ounce of THC, not an ounce of weed. So techincally you should be able to have more than an ounce of weed. An ounce of really dank hash or extract could be reeeeeally close to a ounce of THC, however..

11. #12 TheSilentMaggot, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2009
    I wasn't actually interpreting the law. I was interpreting the post that the link leads to, and I am using the decriminalization of marijuana in Denver, CO for partial judgment of this. The person who wrote the article could have said an ounce of THC when they meant an ounce of material containing THC due to lack of knowledge of the products of Cannabis. I don't know whether the law says an ounce of THC or material containing it, as I have only read the article. I would look it up, but I haven't the slightest clue where to find a copy of the new law.

12. They should just legalize in Mass lol, but that is good cause I get some hash once and a while and would be pissed if I got busted with that and got arrested instead of a ticket

and also TOMORROW (FRI JAN 2ND 2009) DECIMALIZATION!!! WAHOOO!

13. hell ya man i agree

14. hell yeah, this shit needs to come to florida fast.

15. yea i still dont wanna pay that damn 100 dollar s if they take a 1/8 that i only spent 35 on so ima be down 135 and some bud lol well better thhen gettin locked up lol

16. Better than getting romped on by Big Bubba, and not being able to get a good job

17. go to the masscops.com forum they have a thread that is 30+ pages long under hot topics. I read all 30+ pages yesterday, it's disgusting. Had the feeling of :eek::confused: on just about every post...

18. wow man thats scary, I just read that shit and it's like you can feel the cops right around the corner waiting for u... :(

19. That thread is disgusting.

http://www.masscops.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64523&page=31

I do have to say though, that I got pulled over with my wife in her car at 6PM on Christmas Eve. I blew a stop sign that they just put up like three weeks ago that everyone ignores. I kinda feel like because I've lived her BEFORE the stop sign existed that I'm grandfathered into not stopping. You know?

Anyhow, my wife couldn't find valid proof of insurance (we have it, she just never puts her cards in her car) but he didn't ticket me. Was a really nice guy.

We had just smoked a mini-rillo of the afgooey mere minutes before we had left the house. I'm sure I reeked of the shit. I have no idea why he was so nice other than it was Christmas Eve.