Mass murder in chicago over 21 shot and it didnt hit the media

Discussion in 'General' started by NeverMind94, Apr 20, 2013.

1. #61 JetHead, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2013
    A .9mm is not the same as an AK47, no comparison.

So ultimately, you believe that we should just all arm ourselves to protect ourselves? that the answer is to infiltrate the streets with more guns. I've no interest in arming myslef or being on a train/bus with more armed people. We don't need more weapons. Period.

No one got shot on my street this year or last. I don't have a gun. I've never had one pointed at me. I don't live in fear. I live in the westside. I know my neighbors. I talk to them. I'm not afraid of them. Even the gangsters. Can you say the same?

The article is a pile of shit and doesn't actually do any sort of work into why there are so many guns on the street.

Until Chicago addresses is economic disparity in these poor neighborhoods we're going to have to deal with violence in those neighborhoods. Sometimes it's going to bleed into our other neighborhood but mostly, it'll stay exactly where it's at. Hopelessness breeds violence. Folks turn on themselves before they turn on each other. You're helping with the latter.

Also, honest law abiding citizens don't often interact with thugs. Not enough times to find themselves in situations where they'd need to pull a gun. Just doesn't happen. I'm not saying it doesn't happen just not to any remarkable extent. It's a shame that so many children are getting caught up in the violence but that's more about race/class and the violence is the affect of poverty. It's why you don't often hear of drive by's in middle class neighborhoods. Those folks are safe, warm and fed and until we address proverty - NOTHING is going to change.

2. Hell they ain't the same... Do I need to give you the definition of gun and what a gun shoots? It will clearly say an AK 47 and .9mm are both guns and both shoots bullets. They may be different guns entirely but they're both "guns" no matter which way you look at it. If a dude wants to own an AK 47, whoopee more power to them... No, I've never had a gun aimed at me, I own 3 guns and never aimed them at anyone and I'm in a safer neighborhood. But still, no matter what a criminal will get a gun regardless of the laws.. If a gangsta wants an AK 47 he'll get that AK 47.

3. I agree

4. #64 JetHead, Apr 20, 2013
    I'll also assume you're an employed white male with some sort of property (ie; home, car, TV) to "protect." The NRA loves you. The NRA is a vile organization and has done more harm than good to our once fairly "weaponless" streets.

Know where my neighborhood gangster gets his weapons? I've asked. The children of middle class families. When your 16 year old son starts with some heavy drugs and needs quick money... lets just say, I hope you keep your guns under lock and key. He also said once they know a home has weapons in it, it becomes a home they have interest in breaking into. Not for the car or the TV either. They're not interested in your possessions. They're interested in the quick cash they can sell your weapons for. Your possessions are second, almost always. And if you're unfortunately home when they break in or hell, when they ring the freaking doorbell, statistics show that you'll be unprepared. Unless you've got that shit strapped to your bod

5. I'm not affiliated with the NRA I just have strong beliefs that I should be able to own a fucking gun if I want a fucking gun. If you don't wanna own a gun that's cool with me, you don't need one. Nobody said you need a gun. If I want a gun then I should be able to have a gun and that's exactly what I have. Yea I'm not in the ghetto like you where grandparents are 25 so I'm not worried about it.

6. I'll also assume you're an employed white male with some sort of property (ie; home, car, TV) to "protect." The NRA loves you. The NRA is a vile organization and has done more harm than good to our once fairly "weaponless" streets.

Know where my neighborhood gangster gets his weapons? I've asked. The children of middle class families. When your 16 year old son starts with some heavy drugs and needs quick money... lets just say, I hope you keep your guns under lock and key. He also said once they know a home has weapons in it, it becomes a home they have interest in breaking into. Not for the car or the TV either. They're not interested in your possessions. They're interested in the quick cash they can sell your weapons for. Your possessions are second, almost always. And if you're unfortunately home when they break in or hell, when they ring the freaking doorbell, statistics show that you'll be unprepared. Unless you've got that shit strapped to your body.

7. I'm not affiliated with the NRA I just have strong beliefs that I should be able to own a fucking gun if I want a fucking gun. If you don't wanna own a gun that's cool with me, you don't need one. Nobody said you need a gun. If I want a gun then I should be able to have a gun and that's exactly what I have. Yea I'm not in the ghetto like you where grandparents are 25 so I'm not worried about it.

8. I'm not challenging you because I live nowhere close to Chicago. But how don't you get shootings often? I remember hearing something about Chicago having the strictest gun laws but also the most gun related crimes,

9. Yes we do and you're right about both statements. Chicago even with it having the strictest gun laws and highest body count it still don't have mass shootings like this in a week let alone a weekend. There's a lot of shootings but usually result in 3 or 4 shot no 20+. Sometimes it's 5 sometimes it's 8 sometimes it's 2, sometimes it's 15, etc. It just depends. But very rarely do we get mass shootings like this.

10. It's ironic how it is the strictest yet most gun crime.

11. But with the rhetoric you spout it sounds like the thugs are coming after you. You're not "worried" about it but feel you need three guns to protect yourself? Hell, if it's just that it makes your dick hard to pop off a few rounds in a shooting range say it.

I've no problem with folks owning guns - handguns, pistols, rifles, one pull/one shot weapons - but again, I think we need an assualt weapons ban. It's a good place to start. It'll happen too. Maybe not this year but in the next couple. Statistic show that upward of 70% of our population agree with a ban on assault weapons and stricter ENFORCED gun control. The measure didn't pass this week because of the NRA and gun lobby pulling political clout.

Go HILLARY!!

12. Comes to show you banning guns wont do shit! If this isn't clear enough evidence then I don't know what is.

13. Once again, it's just another law for the criminals to break.

I own my guns because I want a gun, if I lived in a rural area I'd still have a gun.. If I lived in a cave I'd still have a gun.. It doesn't matter where I live I'd still have a gun.. I just like guns lol.

14. There's nothing ironic about it because it has NOTHING to do with gun control. Look at how many poor black communities we have and the correlation with poverty and gun violence and it's pretty clear why we have such high gun crimes. It's blatant, for fucksake. But folks want to equate gun control with crime statistics because that's the NRA and gun lobby model.

It's helps to sell more weapons legitimately when (white) folks believe they're being targeted by (any) another group. Or that their safety is somehow threatened. Truth is, the violence is in very specific neighborhoods. Maybe 5-7 hoods throughout the south and westside. All very poor black neighborhoods.

The northside is primarily middle class (and white) and is fairly gun violence free with exception of some retail robberies lately. There aren't any marauding thugs pulling guns randomly on college kids or families on the northside, but most of these bs articles will lead you to believe otherwise.

15. You seem to be missing his point dude... Even with guns being strict as they are here they still manage to kill a lot of motherfuckers. They ain't using knives and hammers. We're talking guns here not other blunt weapons and shit. Obviously stating no matter the gun control the crime will be high when it involves gun violence.

16. I hear you. I doubt we'd be able to control the amount of guns on the street until we get them off the street. In order to get them off the street, we need to limit the amount and type being manufactured and being sold without any regulation. Supply and demand. Regulate the supply and let the current supply (eventually) be used up - would still take years to make any difference.

Law abiding citizens should be happy to wait a few weeks before holding a new gun. Just go through the process and you'll have a new gun. But it'll cut out the unregulated gun show and internet sales of new guns. We have more than enough guns for our entire population already in circulation (like money).

17. Finally a post that makes sense. (you're gettin better at this). But as you said, we already got more than enough guns, I mean we got billions of guns or so meaning it would completely defeat the purpose of not manufacturing new weapons. If we already got enough guns to go around then might of well just keep making them. You can't just make guns disappear out of thin air, it takes time and corruption. A full blown military raid kickin down doors and confiscating them is how you get the job done. But me neither you (just making an estimation here) wants that to happen because that's corrupt. But that's how our government would do it if they called out a full blown ban.

18. No I think you're afraid of black people. I'm black, I guess you should be scared of me too.

19. #79 chitownsmokeup, Apr 20, 2013
    I could honestly give a fuck if you're black, seriously bro. We're all people; black, white, pink, purple, blue, red, etc it doesn't matter. We're all human beings but blacks are the race that chooses to live life and be hopeless in the hood. I'ts not my problem most in the hood were born to gang bang and love gang bangin. But in this world, do what you gotta do to survive and support you're family and shit.

20. I'm pulling out of this.

I can't deal with the blatant racism.

And... you're a cunt.