Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mason Jars

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BluntBlowin12, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Why are mason jars called mason jars? What is "mason" about them?
    I would have looked this up on Google but I thought this might be more interesting, I'd like to hear if anybody has weird ideas about it that they assume to be true
    And "freemason" theories are quite interesting sometimes too I guess
    Or is this a really obvious thing which is gonna mean imma have to delete this thread out of embarrassment? :confused_2:

2. free masons.... in the old days they were used as cups to drink out of and stuff not just storage

3. You're saying that freemasons used to drink my stash? :s o_O I dont like the sound of this
    Or that everybody drank out of it?

4. The Mason jar was invented and patented in 1858 by Philadelphia tinsmith John Landis Mason.[1][2] Among other common names for them are Ball jars,[3] after Ball Corporation, an early and prolific manufacturer of the jars; fruit jars for a common content; and simply glass canning jars reflecting their material.

5. he googled that for you or knew it as an expert...i have ball

6. There just a jars,nothing espesial.

7. Aite cheers

8. I see, so the word mason describes the design of the jar, and is called Mason because of the dude who came up with the design?
    Edit: im not sure why I posted twice instead of once, my bad