mason jars

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by frankadank, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Question can I only use mason jars( cause of the two piece lid.) or can I use the big pickle jars too?

2. I use different kinds of jars. Just be sure the ones like pickles don't have any smell left to them Haha.
    I use some water and baking soda and let it sit over night, takes care of it.

3. thanks I was getting worried about cutting to make them fit inside those little jars

4. Pickled OG, lol...

5. I went to wal-mart lately and they have plastic shatter proof big jaars with a rubber grommet and lock down lid is that ok? Or will the plastic be aa baad idea?

6. [quote name='"ptsd420"']I went to wal-mart lately and they have plastic shatter proof big jaars with a rubber grommet and lock down lid is that ok? Or will the plastic be aa baad idea?[/quote]

I don't remember where I heard it, but I think plastic breathes slightly. So I'd say bad idea. But I could be wrong.

7. I'd stick with the extra large wide mouth mason jars.

8. They actually have a bigger mouth on the plastic. And it is water proof...

9. [quote name='"ptsd420"']They actually have a bigger mouth on the plastic. And it is water proof...[/quote]

Just saying what I've heard. I've never used anything but glass jars, so I'm a little biased.

10. Yeah I use mason jars and they work perfect

11. I had a bunch of Gallon pickle jars because my kids LOVE pickles. If you are going to reuse the jars soak the lids in bleach water there is a small bead of glue/rubbery stuff in the lid that holds the smell of the pickles.

My sister and I were also giggling about pickle kush being our strain. The bleach water soak took care of the pickle smell.

12. I use plastic buckets and gamma seal lids. They work great and are smell proof and air right.

13. The 5 gallon buckets?

14. Yep standard 5 gallon buckets, or they make a smaller 2 gallon size. Depends on how much u got. :)

Stores that sell bulk food usually have them, and they also usually have food grade plastic buckets available to. Or there's always the Internet.

15. Why don't you just go to target they got the pickle jars that are Mason jars for like 14 bucks

16. I just wanted to know if what I already have will work. If not I can always use it for water curing

17. Water curing?

18. Search it in the forums. Stealth weed is what I like to call it.

19. [quote name='"ptsd420"']Search it in the forums. Stealth weed is what I like to call it.[/quote]

Haha I like that!