Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mason jars are the best right?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by buickboy, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Just was curious is mason jars best to store bud in? I recently bought 2 zips stuff that was really crazy strong smell after one day in the jar smell is gone I am pissed what happen? Shit smelled so good!

2. If you have two zips in a jar you need to be stirring the buds around, turn the jar upside down a few times and let it breath for about 10 minutes each day after turning it.

3. Yes, mason jars are the best

4. Mason Jars=AWESOMENESS

5. you stored the bud in a mason jar?
    if so then its probably faulty and get a new one.
    if not, then get one

6. Yes, I think any kind of glass is the best.

Lots of possibilities here. First, when nugs are getting manhandled, weighed, etc., they are going to give off a lot more scent than when they are just sitting there. Give one of the nugs a gentle squeeze and you'll see what I mean. I would guess that this is what happened in your case.

Second, your sense of smell can vary with time and place as well. If your room already smells like weed, then when you open the jar the difference wont be as strong. This is probably not what you're experiencing here though.

7. Mason jars are the shit. Only thing I use to store my buds

I dunno why the smell went away though, maybe your nose just got used to it? Have you been burping it occasionally?

8. [quote name='"thewarden"']Mason jars are the shit. Only thing I use to store my buds

I dunno why the smell went away though, maybe your nose just got used to it? Have you been burping it occasionally?[/quote]

Just bought it yesterday so no? Burping really help? Thats just opening lid for little bit every day right.

9. Move the buds around every once in a while. Also, Mason jars are a good method of storing buds. Any airtight glass container will work just fine! :smoke:

10. hell yea glass is the sht thats why bongs are glass lol. idk how that happens.... usually storing in a jar makes it a litle more smelly

11. Yes it will help.
    After curing in such a way the smell will actually improve.
    What I think happened is you got slightly damp bud...perhaps...
    Anyways curing/burping it will make it smell better, perhaps even taste better.
    You can't just store bud in there indefinitely, if it has internal moisture the whole thing will just be like a sauna.

12. How long to burp them for like 10 min day?

13. #13 lucidtouch, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2012
    Mason jars are pretty cheap and do the job, but Herb Preserve jars are the best.
    I have a couple and they do exactly as they claim.
    I was pulled over and rejected a search of my car, so the cop *of course* just happened to have a k9 unit tailing him... He walked around my car, looked at the sergeant and goes "negative". I had an eighth in one of those things, and i think thats what saved my ass. :hello:
    They surely save the full aroma and maintain the texture of your nug, i highly recommend it.

14. [quote name='"lucidtouch"']Mason jars are pretty cheap and do the job, but Herb Preserve jars are the best.
    I have a couple and they do exactly as they claim.
    I was pulled over and rejected a search of my car, so the cop *of course* just happened to have a k9 unit tailing him... He walked around my car, looked at the sergeant and goes "negative". I had an eighth in one of those things, and i think thats what saved my ass. :hello:
    They surely save the full aroma and maintain the texture of your nug, i highly recommend it.[/quote]

Never heard them were can find them at?

15. I use the smaller mason jars for an oz or less and I use my big fido italian clamp jar for more than an oz. The clamp jars seems to give a more airtight seal in my opinion. Also seems to cure the nugs better than mason

16. pick up a big mason jar.
    no smell.
    no worries.