Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mason Jar

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WickedLiquid, Aug 28, 2010.

1. I just bought one of these a couple weeks ago, and I've noticed that it changes the smell of my weed into sort of orange, is it supposed to be doing that?

2. It should be fine as long as you washed it out beforehand with hot water and soap...

By the way this thread should be moved into the "stash jar" sub-forum.

3. Still doesn't answer my question, should the change of smell occur?

4. The change in smell happens from the buds curing.

5. No. It shouldn't change smell that much.

If something was previously in the jar, it will begin to smell like that. Once I used a vanilla paste jar, and my weed just smelt like vanilla, it was pretty sweet.

6. #6 the batman, Aug 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2010
    If the buds are not completely dry that might be the causes.

IMO bud does start to smell stronger after its been in a mason jar.

*edit*
    stems will start to get more of an odder too. Might just be from having someting in an air tight jar that causes the smell to get more intense.

7. if it changes every single stash you put in it to an orange smell then its some residual odor in the jar, if it just happens to be this particular stash then its probably just the bud curing (especially if it wasnt cured for long)