mason jar

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by imnewtoweed420, Nov 12, 2020.

1. hello! im going to be making a mason jar bong, and i found a jar around the house. its a bit dirty, so i was just wondering if anyone knew how to clean it to be used for a bong

2. No idea how you could perfectly cut holes in a glass jar like that. You would need some professional glass cutting tools
    If you're that desperate you might as well just get a 20$ bong

3. I have actually done some research into this, and you can just get a diamond drill bit meant for cutting glass and a drill. now my only problem is cleaning the jar and doing this correctly lol. so does anyone know how to clean it?

4. Dishwasher,or scrub brush, dawn and hot water? Clean it like you'll eat off it, and how can you go wrong?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. fill with water when drilling into it. Go slow and gentle when close to the end ..

6. thanks for the help!!!!! ill keep u all posted

7. I had a buddy who tried to make a bong out of a juice bottle. He was melting a hole with a torch and got impatient and tried to poke a hole with a metal rod. The glass shattered and started melting his carpet. In a panic he tried to pick up the pieces, both cutting and burning himself in the process.

Not long after he bought a nice bong.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. oh my lmao. gloves and ill do it outside!!!! im sure i will buy a bong soon, i just like diy stuff more

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Why drill the glass? Why not just drill the 2 required holes in the metal lid? Place your down pipe in one hole and into the water and your mouthpiece in the other hole, slightly above the water. You could even drill a third hole and have a carb.

Here are some pics for ideas... diy ball jar bong - Google Search

10. i was thinking of that too, I dont know im still deciding lol. like if i do it in the cap, it will lookpretty lame. but if i drill the hole, it will look more like a bong

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Do you know anyone with a 3D printer? This looks pretty neat...

Attached Files:

12. woah!!! sadly i dont:(