Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Masking the smell of decarbing

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by potfiend, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Supplies
    Baking bags - 1 box of 3 each about $3
    They are reusable
    1sheet tin foil, roughly 12”x12”
    10” of good string/paracord
    1/2 red pepper
    2-3 cloves fresh garlic
    2 slices sweet onion
    3tbl spoons olive oil
    2oz dry pasta of choice
    1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

1/2 oz product
    If more, second baking bag

preheat oven to 240F
    Break product into smallish nuggets
    Fold foil in 1/2 place product on foil, fold over, pinch corners of foil, and small spot in middle to avoid spillage, do not try to seal shut.
    I have never had a bag melt, the foil is included just in case.
    Keep packet level,
    Place in bag
    Gather bag opening like you would to blow up a lunch sized paper bag
    Then suck out as much air as possible
    Fold excess bag over
    Use string to tie shut with knot you can untie
    Place in preheated oven

Heat olive oil in small skillet
    Chop pepper,garlic,and onion
    Place in skillet, sauté slowly until you start to smell the aroma
    Kill heat, about 30-35 minutes into decarb crank up heat enough to generate more veg aroma

remove bag from oven, unopened, and place in freezer, this condensed the gasses a little.
    Wait 10-15 minutes

turn heat back on under veggies, turn on exhaust fan,
    Once fan has good draw working
    Place sealed bag of product next to burners or top half of I heated double boiler and open bag
    Fumes blend with veg aroma and go up exhaust fan

start pan of water, cook n drain pasta
    Place in bowl, dump Parmesan on pasta, mixin cheese, then add veggies and oil.
    Fold over top of baking bag and take outside to transfer to a different container

eat pasta with a cheap white wine
    Use product as best suits your needs

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. All that just to mask the smell of Marijuana seems extreme to me... Just decarb in a glass mason jar if you're worried about the smell lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. As a former cook I admire your culinary ingenious. However, I'd probably recommend getting a bag of cloves and just tossing one or two into boiling water. Nothing gets past clove lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Before I got my Ardent, I used to use sealed glass canning jars and decarbed inside of a pressure cooker. Worked great, and zero smell. (until opened, of course). Ardent is similar, but less fussy and less moving parts. Highly recommended.

5. I'm addicted to cannabis gizmos.
    I also own 2 MagicalButterMachines, one ButterBrewer, and one Infusium420.
    I agree with you about those devices, and I rarely use them anymore.

Ardent Lift/Nova is the best MJ appliance I own.
    I like it so well that I couldn't stop myself from buying their newest, most expensive device, Nova FX.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. There you have it!

7. Well skip the whole decant process and enjoy the veggies,pasta and wine as a munchie
    Beats eating a whole pack of Oreos

8. Open a window when ur done the smell will b gone in a few min it’s not like cigarette smoke it doesn’t leave a film on anything.

9. Before California legalized, I would make curry or Thai food while decarbing! The "exotic" spices, effectively mask any cannabis smell! Now, half my neighbors smoke, and the other half don't care, so I decarb whenever I want!

Granny

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. I love my infuszium machine sure i could do it all manually but it just simplified the whole process.

I make far more oil and tincture than i would if i didn't have it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

11. The Ardent Nova or newer FX is next level, you can easily make your money back on the purchase with one batch of edibles.
    I have one and it makes the process so much simpler.
    Almost zero odor, whatever odor emanates will be gone within minutes or with one spritz of air freshener or essential oil diffuser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Idk... my nova emits plenty of odor. Far from discreet.
    Does an excellent job of providing a perfect decarb though. It shows tests result that are 15% mor potent than standard oven protocols. Haven’t tested any of mine yet.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hmmmm, is the lid on tightly? I don’t have that issue.
    I agree with the potency results though, I use shake from various strains and it wakes it up to an incredible level.

14. Mine is 99% odor free during operation.
    When opened hot, it reeks.
    When opened cold, it smells like decarbed weed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. This has been my experience also, I’ve found that if I wait a while after the decarb is completed, I’ll unplug it and the more time that elapses the less it smells when I finally do open it. If you open it immediately after it’s done you’ll get odor but if you take it outside and do it it’s gone in a minute.

16. Huh, nope.... lids on tightly. I don’t mind the smell, I have no reason to hide it.
    But it definitely puts of some odor while it’s doing its thing.

17. I
    ll be trying that!

• Like Like x 1