Mashiro's Indoor Organic Tent

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Mashiro, Sep 19, 2012.

1. I'm back after quite a hiatus.

Here's my soil mix.

Base:

2 cubic feet peat
    1/2 cubic feet EWC
    1/2 cubic feet Composted Cow Manure
    2 or 3 small bags of perlite

Amendments:

2 cups kelp meal
    2 cups alfalfa meal
    3 cups tomato tone
    3 cups Gypsum
    3 cups azomite
    3 cups Garden Lime

I let that cook in a 20 gallon Smart Pot for 4 months. When I went to go plant my Sugar Mango Ryder, I actually saw worms in the soil.

Also, while I was not growing, I had time to save up for a new and bigger tent. A nice new 250 watt HPS is on the way as well.

(And yes, I know it's hard to see the little SMR, it's only 8 days old, inch and a half tall and my camera is difficult to work with on getting a decent up close pic.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. YaaaaaY!!!!! We got another girl in the garden, y'all! Stoner chicks unite cuz we are taking over the organic grow journal forum!:yay:

Sugar Mango Ryder, eh? I have one of those seeds on the way, and a few more autos too. I will definitely be keeping an eye on your grow as I am very interested in seeing what the Sugar Mango can do. ;)

3. Nice to meet ya, Pearl! Good to have you around.

Yeah, I decided to pick off the one that I didn't want to grow the most. Just to get it out of the way. I never had much of an interest in Autoflowers, but I'm going to give it a shot. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

4. Finally got a clear shot of the little seedling. So cute when they're this small. Aw.

[​IMG]

5. What a darling little sprout! Hey, don't let their small stature fool you. Grown under the right conditions, autos can produce an impressive amount for their size.

6. I'll tag along too!

Looking forward to seeing some more organic goodness growing here in the City.

:wave:

7. Thanks for hopping on Carlo! I hope to deliver the results you and I are looking for.

8. #8 Mashiro, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
    Bored so what's a grower to do?

Post more pics. How's the color looking on the little SMR?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*EDIT*
    Just noticed the date on my camera is wrong. Please disregard the time stamp on these photos as it is incorrect.

9. Soil looks nice man! Have you ever grown an auto before?

10. Thanks!

Nope, this is my first auto ever. I could use a few pointers on autos actually.

11. Im growin my first as well. First grow as well, last year i basically took care of my buddies plants but can't take the credit lol. A lot of the "new" hybrid auto's are kinda iffy i heard but I got a couple to try out.

Are you using the hps already? I've heard of some people using hps right from the start, interesting!

Love your soil mixx!!!! Gimme someee! haha How many days above ground??

12. I heard that autos like the HPS spectrum right from the get go. Since they have such a short vegging time and all.

Let's see, I planted on the 10th and she popped on the 14th, so 11 days old today. :hello:

13. Nice I have an auto called speed from sweet seeds goin.. She's been above ground 23 days today. Probably about a week into actual vegetative growth.

I need to get my hps and switch over this week. Now Im contemplating how soon i should! haha Im also lst-ing and waiting for it to stretch some more..:)

Looking forward to seeing yours grow! :smoke:

14. Great stuff Mashiro - I'll be watching you!

:)

j

15. Are there any other organic goodies I should pick up for future soils?

16. I think Neem meal and glacial rock dusts are worthy of consideration. Neem meal is an excellent nutrient source and keeps pesty little critters from infesting your precious mix.

And over in Jerry's thread there has been a lot of talk about glacial rock dusts and their benefit. I'm sure you could find a couple reasons to add them to the list by going through his thread.

17. Alright guys, update time.

Woke up this morning and through a feeling of slight inspiration and through talking to some people on here, lol, I planted my Barney's Farm LSD seed! That 250 watt light will be ordered by Friday. Until it gets here, I'm thinking that the 150 watt will be enough for the two seedlings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And... just for fun, my first plant I ever grew out, Tutankhamen. RIP, old girl. :smoke:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. #18 Your Grandfathe, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012
    Potash - excellent off the hook source of K.

and VAM - nothing like it.

That's my 2 pennies worth :wave:

19. Uh oh, I don't know anything about them. Tell me more and where I can find them?

20. Lookin good mashiro! How close do you hang that 150 to the seedling? Looks close, just wonderin cuz im gettin one asap mine started flowering.