Maryland- YES! Arkansas & N. Dakota - No.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Storm Crow, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Well, two states, Arkansas and N. Dakota, have chosen to remain in the "Dark Ages" and keep cannabis illegal, and S. Dakota isn't looking good. :sad:

But Missouri and Maryland appear to have legalized cannabis :weed: And that's two more states with legal cannabis!

Maryland Votes To Legalize Recreational Marijuana As Arkansas And North Dakota Vote No—Here’s How Cannabis Ballot Measures Are Faring
    Maryland Votes To Legalize Recreational Marijuana As Arkansas And North Dakota Vote No—Here’s How Cannabis Ballot Measures Are Faring

Voters in Maryland approved a ballot measure Tuesday legalizing the recreational use of marijuana for adults, becoming the 20th state to make marijuana legal, but Arkansas and North Dakota voted down similar ballot questions, and votes are still being counted in Missouri and South Dakota.

[​IMG]
    Voters in five states are deciding on marijuana legalization in the November 8 election.

getty

Key Facts
    Some 65.5% of votes in Maryland were in favor of legalization with an estimated two-thirds of ballots counted at 12:45 a.m., roughly three hours after the Associated Press projected the ballot measure passed.

However, Arkansas rejected a push to legalize recreational marijuana in their state, the AP projected at around 12:30 a.m.—roughly 56.1% of Arkansans voted no and 43.9% voted yes, with some 85% of votes counted.

In North Dakota, opponents of marijuana legalization outpaced supporters 55% to 45% with more than 95% of votes counted, leading the AP to project a defeat.

The AP still hasn’t called Missouri or South Dakota’s ballot measures, but early results show a narrow lead for legalization in Missouri (53.2% to 46.8%, with 87% of votes counted), while opponents of marijuana legalization are leading in South Dakota (54.5% to 45.5%, with 72% of votes in).

Prior to Tuesday, recreational marijuana was already legal in California, New York, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Virginia, Washington, Arizona, Massachusetts, Colorado, Oregon, Connecticut, Nevada, New Mexico, Maine, Rhode Island, Montana, Alaska and Vermont. (snipped)

19 + 2 = 21 LEGAL STATES! It's progress!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 3
  2. In other happy pro cannabis news pro-cannabis reps now control both the VA state level house and senate, so after 2 years of nothing while we had a split house, it looks like we might get some more legalization / rec sale laws out this year!

We have a Gov who is not a cannabis fan (and also an R compared to our two legislative houses under D control now) with 2 years left on his term though, and he is term limited from re-election, so there is a lot speculation on if he will veto it (or just add a bunch of ridiculous shit to the bill so it fails upon re-introduction like with SB 619).

If the polling is to be believed, 68% of Virginians support legal cannabis in some form, so it will be curious to see if he is willing to veto something so broadly popular.

Meanwhile, my county went 68% towards the non-cannabis rep, but thats down from 70%+ 2 years ago, its baby steps around here.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. My home state of Maryland came into the light last night.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Must be nice.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. It was a land Slind victory.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I feel like someone just told me that there was no such thing as Santa Clause, or Santa Cannabis. :(

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. The bad thing about living in Indiana is that we can't put any voter initiative on ballots. We have to take what laws they pass regardless of if we agree with them or not. I think Kentucky's is the same way. Too many distilleries that are lining the pockets of legislatures and a lot of vineyards in Indiana.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. You are 100% right. What blows my mind is that Republicans supposed to be about smaller Government. How is not giving the people a voice smaller Government? In Kentucky poll after poll has shown that 95% of the people are for medical weed. But the state Senate says fuck you. They get relected in a land Slind. :bang:

• Like Like x 2
  9. I'm going to kick the bucket before it's legalized.:confused_2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Me too. Kentucky wants a two-year study on weed. People have been toking weed for 5,000 years. That's not long enough?

• Like Like x 2
  11. I guess not. What scares me is that now that the dumbasses in Indiana re-elected everyone that was running for re-election, they just might get Delta 8 banned in this state. There goes my medicine out the window. I'm going to order as much as I can to stock up, just in case.

12. Not on the ballot here in Minnesota, but our Democratic Party,,, the DFL,,, has been trying to legalize cannabis for some time now; Republicans have always stopped it… As of this term, the DFL finally controls both houses, and the Governors office… Cannabis is already decriminalized here,,, seems a small step more to make it legal, at least now while the DFL controls the state…

Minnesota Governor Says Marijuana Legalization Will Be ‘One Of The First’ Bills To Pass With Democrats In Control

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1