Maryland to hear Marijuana Legalization Bill Today

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Mozambiqua, Mar 19, 2013.

1. finally, hopefully everything goes well, does anyone know when we would expect to hear or have a rulling??

2. Med or Rec?

3. rec making it just a fine for small amounts, but means about nothing other than a step in the right direction, i think md is going for med too though but a lot of people are going to be too scared to open up shops right under the dea's nose.

4. Sorry I was mistaken, they have 2 bills one to decrim and one to legalize it. The hearing is for this.

"Last week, Delegate Curt Anderson (D-Baltimore City) introduced HB 1453, a bill which aims to tax and regulate, essentially legalize, marijuana in Maryland.

HB 1453 would:

Remove all criminal penalties for marijuana possession for adults 21 years and older
    Allow home cultivation of up to three plants per person
    Assign the Maryland Comptroller and Department of Agriculture with licensing wholesalers and retail outlets and regulating the cultivation, distribution, and sale of marijuana
    Tax marijuana at $50 per ounce. Revenues would go toward treatment and prevention programs for drugs and alcohol.

This past November, voters in Colorado and Washington voters made the sensible choice to tax and regulate marijuana like alcohol. With your support, we can push for the same sensible change in Maryland. Please use the form below to send an email to your representative urging them to support HB 1453.

Note: this action is only available for Maryland residents"

sorry for that.

5. I really hope this passes too i only got a year til I turn legal age,so until then ill perfect my bio....

I'm fuckin pumped.

6. They were supposed to vote on 1453 yesterday at 1, still cant find the results, hopefully they announce today...

7. Last I heard, it passed and is now headed for the senate.

8. Good luck you guys

9. holy shit this is perfect since I'm in MD. Subbed

10. OMG I live in Maryland, Baltimore country to be exact; I hope this bill passes so I can blaze in peace and not get harassed in my territory.

11. So I see that the decriminalition is goin well bout how bout news on fully legal?either way I'm stoked but to be the third state to be fully legal an the first on the east coast would be epic.

12. Yeah i live in columbia md this is niiiiiiiiice

13. i really hope it gets legalized .

14. It seems that if the MMJ bill that has gotten through the Senate and is being considered by the house will be the most restrictive MMJ law in the country. State sanctioned university research facilities will have to list the specific conditions that they intend to treat and are only going to be allowed to treat a very limited number of chronically/critically ill patients at any given facility. Also, patient records will have to be shared with the state and law enforcement.

15. That is fucked up, what about Hipaa laws? No, I will not share my medical information with the state and law enforcement. I would rather obtain it illegally, if my privacy isnt respected and I have to be heavily monitored by the state simply to obtain a harmless plant then fuck it. I'll do it how I have been doing it.

16. Cool thing about the bill ever program can have at least give growers N be liscened from the state and i def will be applying for that but the it wont start till july 2015

17. Good for you guys in MD!

Gotta shake my head at some of those comments at the bottom of the page though, I always find it amazing how misinformed the prohibitionists are.

18. Great news, it was approved!