MarsWar aka free Planetside

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by PostPavilion, Mar 13, 2011.

1. #1 PostPavilion, Mar 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
    Pretty sweet new free MMOFPS that's been out for a couple months. The graphics are decent but the English translation sucks. It's fun though, reminds me of BF 2142. Or Tribes.

Trailer, don't really care for LP but it shows the game off well:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DJfxMuiho8[/ame]
    Mars War

Supports 500v500 player battles. With ground and air vehicles, etc. Client is only like 360mb.

There's only like 20-50 people in matches right now, can't wait 'til more people start playing.

I'm wootbeer in game, on the Federation side. Usually seen sneaking along the outskirts of the map or hidden behind something sniping people in the head.

2. Giving it a try, i loved planetside when it worked right. Thanks!

3. The last time I tried downloading planetside, it gave me a virus setup as a fake mcafee - defiantly not the right website, lol.

4. Tribes is my favorite shooter of all time by far. Im still playing tribes 2

ill play this if it can get a large enough player base

5. Yeah I love Tribes 2. I miss the glory days when the master server was still up and RevMod2 was the shit.

I was playing this game earlier and there was like a ton of people on, it was nice. I played a bit last night and hardly anyone was on. Guess it just depends on the time. Why I posted it though, the game is already pretty fun right now but I gotta take part in a massive battle before I can really judge it.

6. I've been looking for something like this for a while! Thanks for the heads-up!