Mars TSL 2000 4x2x6 tent. Heat concerns

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by MedicalMO, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Has anyone done a similar grow?
    This is my first led grow, what type of heat should I expect? I ordered my light this morning, I’m hoping it arrives soon.

2. I'm not familiar with that particular light but running high quality LEDs allows you to run higher ambient temperatures. Here's an article on the subject .

This paper demonstrates that plants grown under an optimized spectrum as provided by LED grow lights may require warmer ambient air temperatures than identical plants grown under other lighting to achieve their full potential.

LED Grow Lights | Growing Kits & Indoor Commercial Grow Lights

3. You will need intake and exaust but shouldn't be too bad..you can always dim the light to run it a little cooler.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I’m going to be vegging 12 plants in the tent, so I’m planning on running at max power. What would you recommend for intake & exhaust?

5. I use a similar tent,just a bit taller than 6',but I use two 4" fans. My intake fan is around 188 cfm and my outtake fan is 211 cfm. I use a higher cfm fan on the out to compensate for having to pull through a carbon filter. My outtake fan also has a speed controller so I can get just the right amount of negative pressure without the sides of the tent being sucked in dramatically. That's how I roll. Good luck