Mars Pro Epistar 320 yields?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by MidnightPlowboy, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Hello all,

Been reading the forum for a couple years now just signed up recently, and this is my first post. I've been hesitant to join in fear of the man. But i have a question for anyone with experience with this light. Please no rudeness, or any unpolite comments.

I have a 4'x4'x7' grow tent all humidity and temperature controls are kept at the right points during right stages of the grow. Im looking to get a mars pro epistar 320 with the remote, and i know that it will cover a 4'x4' but what im curious about is what kind of yields other farmers such as myself have gotten withthis light.
    In your answers please list
    -types of training
    -LST,Scrog,SOG,top-
    ping,fiming,etc...
    -how many plants
    -medium(soil,coco,hydro)
    Also
    -the strain and if it was a seed or clone.

I know this may be asking alot but i do alot of research on anything i purchase and this is some final info i need. I've already decided on this light, as I have been a long time customer or mars hydro. They grow some of the densess,frostiest bud i've ever seen whether it be a bag seed, from a breeder or a clone. I have had nothing but great experience their lights and look forward to using this one on the next grow.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

-MidnightPlowboy

~What one man creates with his own two hands,Let know one own or take away.~

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yields are a result of experience and technique 4 oz - 2 pounds

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you for responding.

I understand that yoelds are a result of experience, and environmental controls, along with the type o medium used or any training methods.

What i am asking for is for is what yields people have personally gotten off of one mars pro epistar 320.

What type of conditions they were personally in, the medium they used, and any types of trining they used.

But thank you for reminding me that the idea of "yields" is determined upon ones experience. ;)

-MidnightPlowboy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Also if anyone has experimented with the intensity controls with the remote and what difference they have seen compared to other mars hydro lights. I'd love to hear those results!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Goldgrower has a tread about the 320 in a 4x4, look him up

Personally i would spend a tiny bit more and get 2 Amare pro3 for your space. 2 medium sized lights are always way better then 1 larger light. And don't buy the cheapest lights around, send a bit more upfront to get 1 or 2 quality lights , and every grow will satisfy you.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  6. #6 MidnightPlowboy, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Thank you for your input, do you have alot of experience with these lights?

Also goldgrower's thread is for the mars pro II epistar 320 without the remote.
    Not much of a difference other than the remote. But i searched the thread and like many other growers doesnt post final yield results or im just blind haha.

But thank you still, ive seen that one before i joined GC. But all answers appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah I run all Amare in my flower rooms.

I've got 1 SE-250, 2 pro 3, 2 pro 4, and 1 pro9. If you contact Victor, he will set you up man. Their more expensive, but they are badass man.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I grow in all organic, no fertilizer al all, just water and organic amendments. You don't need to pour chemicals in your plants to get the results you want. These are about 9 days into flower, 6 week veg. [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. The remote is a waste of money don't u think. It's not a tv set man, who needs a remote.

If your a hands in grower, you won't want or need it. It's a gimmick if u ask me. Your still gonna get a timer, and a proper hygrometer even if you had the remote wouldn't you?

I think the sailing dog, aka bigblunt has the model with the remote PM him @The sailing dog. I think that's the spelling

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for your input bud, really enjoyed the pics i will have to look into these.

I have just used mars hydro before, i'm not argueing one better than the other. Just looking for pure unbiased information. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  10. The remote is for changing the intensity from my understanding yes it has a timer built in.(not so neccesary, but nice plus)
    It has 3 automatic intensity setting, seedling,veg/grow, an flower/bloom.

The remote also gives u the ability to set your own custom intensity setting and save them.
    I believe you can change the intensity in 10 min intervals throughout a 24 hr period.

When i say this i mean the lifht can be ser and controlled to turn on at 6am with a lower intesity lets say 10%. At 6:10am i can have a custom setting to increase the intensity to 15% and gradually do that till its at my desired intensity or 100% this resembles how the sun rises in the morning and at night u can gradually decrease to resemble the sunset.

This is the importance of the remote but thank you for your input.

Again...please I am looking for responses o growers who have "Personally" used the mars pros epistar 320 "with" the remote. I plan to purchase and use this light. I have researched it for a while and compared it not that im opposed to other lights Deez Budz :) but this i what i have to decided to purchase for this season.

Thank you again for ANY input but please stay focused. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  11. IMG_3437.JPG IMG_3438.JPG

Here are some pictures of the mars pro epistar 320.-courtesy of mars-hydro.com

12. Hey midnight me and loki have the epistar 320 with the remote.
    Have a look through our journal to see what the epistar can do. If you need any more info send me a private message.
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1393396/
    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. Is that recessed side lighting?

14. Yeah, they are 12 w 6" little kickers. Trying to fatten up the fluff. I think they help.

• Like Like x 2