Mars man, freakin Mars!

Discussion in 'General' started by Chill398, May 27, 2008.

1. I was just looking at some of these mars surface shots and its justs blows my mind.I mean we can actually look at the surface of another planet as if we were there. Does it trip anyone else out that no man has ever set foot on the land in this picture. Then again i grew up with star wars so it might just be that. But when i think about where the human race is headed (assuming oil depletion doesnt cause global anarchy) its just overwhelming.

[​IMG]

2. looks like earth

3. You're right. Earth has rocks

4. lol:p

"we have rocks!" lol..has ne one else seen eddy izzard:dress to kill?? fuckin great

5. Looking at pictures taken on Mars gives me a wierd feeling too. I don't really know how to describe, just kind of awe I guess.

6. Thats a good word for it man, awe.

7. I think the spacecraft are mindblowing but I have never really focused on the photographs... But looking at them gives me a spooky glow. That is someplace we've never gone. It's still so virgin and beautiful. And there might be life there. Bacteria could be as "martian" as the martians on TV and in video games.

8. I agree with you... Lookin at these pictures are just... mind boggling...

On a side note, kind of related... Did anyone else hear about the american space craft that spotted a UFO? It was kept under wraps because NASA has a button that they hit that blocks other people from hearing what the space craft says to NASA.

I shit you not, the lady in the American space craft clearly said: Yup, we are still monitoring the UFO.... then the audio cuts out... Think about that shit man.. Crazy as hell.

Oh yea, did you guys hear about the British government finally announcing that there ARE such things as UFO's.. Over 150 documented cases in the british government made public.. Crazy shit man craaaaazy!

9. Theres a video of a tether breaking off from the space shuttle and when it extends out to its full length its about a mile long iirc, then all these disc shaped objects (that look like the Dropa discs) start appearing in the video, there are dozens of them, maybe hundreds all flying around.

Theres definitely life out there, and UFOs are definitely real, whether something from this world or not.

10. looks like a place I really could care less in being, I like earth just fine.

11. can u find this??? id love to see it

12. Ya UFO's is another crazy topic. Just to imagine that their could be advanced alien civilizations that are aware of us but avoid interaction with humanity always creeps me out a little.

13. I love looking at pictures like these.

To think that some people have absolutely no appreciation for things like this. It's all about partying hardcore and hooking up and being a "hustler", etc. Show them this, and they just brush it off, thinking if there's no immediate gratification, then it's stupid.

Jesus, this is another fucking planet. Another cosmic body. Ugh... some people.

14. <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/As-wYmFYb3I&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/As-wYmFYb3I&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

NASA says its all space debris and ice particles, but look how many of them have the hole in the middle and notches on the side.

edit: sorry for kinda derailing the thread, I'm high now and I get way into this stuff and end up going off on tangents

15. Dont worry about it Ak, its an interesting topic. Im not sold on the video, all the objects seem to be traveling on a set path, some making small adjustments, but it looks like debris. I think the circular appearnce is the light reflection. Light doest alot of wierd things to cameras.

16. Edit: Well I should have looked around some more before posting that video. They really are just artifacts from the camera not being focused on the individual objects.

17. this is a picture of earth taken by voyager from 4 billion miles away

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader", every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds." - Carl Sagan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_blue_dot

Attached Files:

18. ^^ That picture sent chills down my spine the first time I saw it.

19. Nice post, whenever I think of just how big the universe really is I cant help but feel dazed everytime.