Mars hydro or spider farmer

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Th3eefold, May 19, 2020.

1. I’m looking to buy either the mars hydro ts1000 or the spider farmer sf1000 for my 3x3 tent. Which one would be the better choice? I will have between 2-4 plants in the tent depending on if I want to do some training or not. Any advice appreciated! Thx

2. SF has better LEDs

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. $$$ that seems pricey. Wouldn’t the sf1000 do 2 or 3 plants just fine?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Or is there a better light around the $200 mark. I have $200 in my amazon account that’s going to my lights.

5. I know you said Amazon but if you are looking for a cheaper QB. These guys make them so you can cut out the middle man. I got one from these guys early this year.
    Shenzhen Kingbrite Lighting Co., Ltd. - Quantum Board, Quantum Strip

• Like Like x 2
  6. The have 240w Chinese qbs on Amazon around the $200us mark

7. The 1000 is 150w HID equivalent about. A 3x3 is 9 feet. That’s 16 watts a sq ft. You want to shoot for 30-50. A 2000 is 400 watts which is 44 watts a sq ft.

Would you rather have 3 decent plants, or two that provide the same amount with higher quality buds?

FYI all lights are pretty close to the same, out of China. You only pay for name brand for the warranty. Amazon has some “2000 units” or “QBs” for around $225

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yea I have 4x 240W QB style lights from Amazon. All around $200 a piece and work great. Same LEDs as HLG uses...but assembled in Shi(t)na

• Like Like x 2
  9. Does anyone have links?

10. Do you have a time frame for when you need the lights? Or can you wait 3-4 weeks.

11. No not me. I don't even know what a quid is, unless it's got legs and lives in the ocean. hehe

12. I'm placing a order and Mandy told me, no more than 10 days and I'll have em'.
    The last 3 order I did, I got em' in 5 or 6 days from the time I placed the order.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. IMG_3439.JPG

IMG_3444.JPG

E5249948-C9B4-4CD0-B61D-30768168A930.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah this was a test, switching to hydro 4 bucket system

• Like Like x 1