Mars Hydro New COB light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by smokesara, Jun 27, 2017.

1. If you put a higher efficiency heatsink on that exact diode you are talking about a push it a little harder then most don't you think a 230-250 lumen per watt figure is possible especially if they are s6 bin newer stuff?

The lights putting out 220 have a much less beefy heat sink if you look at the spectrumking stuff.

2. [​IMG]
    303 lumens per watt is totally possible.

3. The spectrum king light uses 40 white diodes and 16 colored diodes from the looks of it. At 450W of total power, there's no way they are running them soft to increase efficiency. The 212 l/w of the Samsung diodes is at 90 mA - roughly 30% of their max rating and its at 25C junction temp. You're just not going to get much more from them, no matter how big of a sink you put on them. In order to get 20% more from them, you would have to actively cool them with a peltier to get the junction temp down well below 25C. Please reread my edit above - from their installation guide, an efficiency of 155 L/W is far more accurate and believable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've also seen people on the forum measuring their own ppfd and lumens getting up to 230's I was pretty sure. I think the new record lumens that sumsung has hit in that article you posted is specifically for mid power led's. Not sure what that means but my guess is cobs are more a high power version.

5. Could you elaborate?

6. Now this is starting to get good!

7. Sure I have Cree's top bin CXB3590 DB 36v which ran @700ma produces over 200 lm/w I can't remember what @SupraSPL said it exactly was but crazy lm/w and I have CXB3590 6500k DD as well that has higher lm\w than the quantum boards.

8. They're both fantastic options!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

9. lm/w...lumens to watts?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

10. Lm/w is lumens per watt

2watts at 150lm/w= 300lumen

• Like Like x 1
  11. IMG_0646.JPG Using 2 mars 96 's in a 2.5 x 3.5 on 2 plants about 10 days to go .. on this cycle N the future
    will adding another mars increase yeild ?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. You grow two plants in one pot?
    Two reflector 96 for two plants, that is enough.

13. Lumens per watt is a fun statistic to play with because it's so directly comparable to the stats we're used to hearing for many years on HPS bulbs but the new par rating and ppfd over an area are a much better measure of performance.

I'd like to see lights putting out a ppfd map of the light footprints they recommend in the stats. If you're a major company putting out lights you're being a little lazy not testing the ppfd on your own lights in it's own recommended footprint and you're also being either deceptive or lazy if you're not sharing that info with customers before they buy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. U answered my question with 2 (two ) questions .

• Like Like x 1
  15. Umm, that was one question and one statement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I will tell my boss and hope our tech can provide the ppfd of the lights

17. Right

18. How will you know if they are lying?