Mars Hydro New COB light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by smokesara, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Mars Hydro New COB light, what do you think?

Specification:
    Spectrum: 450~475nm 620~630nm, 650~660nm, and white

Par Value: 357umol/m2/s

Lumen:8615Lm±5%@AC120V 8508 Lm±5%@AC240V

Power draw: 110W + - 5%@AC120V 108W + - 5%@AC240V

Input Voltage: AC100-240V AC277 for North America only

Ampere: 0.987A/120V 0.46 A/240V

Core Coverage:2.5ft*2.5ft

Max Coverage: 4.5ft*4.5ft

Light Size: 290*220*210MM

Package Size: MM

Net Weight: 3.4KG

DB: 0dB

Frequency: 50-60HZ
    B6L59U{I[PBVHA_I6JJLEU0.png _)`%G_0{}K_LBJ9}B]55U(L.png

• Like Like x 3
  2. I think it's a step in the right direction, And would love to test it against my Quantum Board. The footprint of 4.5x4.5 is reach for the starts tho at 110w

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. What's the price on it?

• Like Like x 1
  4. @M9Prime Thank you, the price is about $249.99, what do you think the price?

5. and what COB are they using? Bin?
    At least they are using a MW driver.
    DIY would about half the cost, you could use a better cob (Vero 29) and a bigger driver, get more watts, better efficiency and the drivers should be mounted outside the grow area.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ouuu. That's very very steep. 250 USD?
    I just paid 260 USD for a 260 quantum board set up that runs more efficient than COB or Cree. It's a step in the right direction as mars would be the only ones moving towards the cob game. But the price is very high for what you get.
    Great design though
    I'd still love to try it maybe one day.

• Like Like x 1
  7. We use the Cree 3590, the bin is 300H 3000k, and yes we use the MW driver

8. That's what I mean, there's plug and play kits that take 10 minutes to put together for the same price but more than double the wattage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. The price is not the final retail price, we're waiting for the boss decision.

10. Hopefully it'll drop a bit hehe

11. The price won't change a lot.
    1. No matter the chips or drivers, all of them are high-quality.

2. We know COB is full spectrum, and plants will need the red and blue light more. So we also add another Cree chips to supply more blue light and Osram chips for more red light.

3. This COB didn't install the fans, so you won't concern the noisy. And in order to achieve better cooling, we use the finned radiator which is made of aluminium, on the fin there are many small holes to increase the heat radiating area.

4. Except those, this COB carry IP65 enclosures which offer complete protection against particles, and a good level of protection against water.

All the parts' price you can check on eBay:
    the price of MW 100H 54A is $59,
    the COB 3590 3000k is $54.99, the finned radiator is about $40,
    and the Cree&Osram chips are about $30
    so total will be cost over $180
    and we have to pay the workers, shipping fee, customs duties storage charges etc. so the price won't change a lot.
    NMFLK1[`7K}FZVW62PO7%`S.png MI@3HMO}QURCS6Z)(Z)_MYE.png

12. sara CB bin is much lower then CD bin..and I got my CD bins for about 42$ each and that was about 6 months ago. You guys need to do more searching for your parts and find better prices.

Nice to see you stepping up your game though with some higher quality drivers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. #13 smokesara, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Thank you so much Bongsauce
    In China some bin is not easy accessible, if we buy them from America we have to pay much costume duties, the cost will be higher.

14. Cree is so 2013 ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Very nice to see Mars making some changes to stay caught up with tech but they are very much behind the bubble. The Cree CXB 3590's are being handily outperformed for cheaper already by several other newer led's right now. They are the last two years best light but their time is passing by fast. Samsungs 561C S6 bin led's are 10% more efficient then Crees. They have better penetration from way more points of light.

I personally wouldn't be thinking about building a new led light model that may come out later this year or 2018 and base it on 2015's best led tech. There is better stuff on the market now for cheaper. The QB panels based on the samsung leds are about $1 a watt if you build it yourself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. You're basically building an almost copy of an amare light that they sold 2 years or so ago. Cree cobs along with a few red's and blues. You're only missing the UVB t8 fixture in the amares.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I would rather see mars try to come in the led cob market at a lower price then the competition by using Citizen or Vero's and using epistar red's and blues to keep costs low. If you sold cob fixtures of good quality at 30% or so less then the rest of the market you may have something there. If you build the same cree fixture many other people have for a similar price it's going to be a waste of mars time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. You could change your light design completely around and use these boards instead of cobs. $75 for a board and they run up to 142 watts each passively cooled with the right heatsink.
    QB304 Quantum Board
    [​IMG]

Adding reds and blues to these boards along with lenses is what Growmau5 on youtube is currently doing. He's the guy that was building killer cob setups in 2015.

• Estimated LER 321.60 lm/W
    • Estimated QER 4.86 µmol/J

• Like Like x 1
  19. #19 Reo, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Sourcing from kingbrite on Alibaba could be a little cheaper. Top bin Vero 29's gen 7 for about $24 a cob. Or top bin Crees for cheap aswell.

Shipping out of shenzen?

• Like Like x 1
  20. @smokesara contact Jerry from Kingbrite and tell him REALSTYLYES says to hook you up he has everything you need even Meanwell drivers and he's in Shenzhen. I'll chat with him today about your situation.

• Like Like x 1