Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Family

Discussion in 'Grasscity Advertisers' started by smokesara, Mar 12, 2014.

1. many things will affect the yields...i love scrog,they looks nice

2. prepare to harvest,excited

• Like Like x 1
  3. fine unless you have the bag in your hand you wont really see it at all

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. not autos you dont really wanna top.an auto it doesnt have time to recover

• Like Like x 2
  5. #29185 Spanish@rcher, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    sorry mate but thats an absolute myth. heres my last auto, topped at fourth node. only my second ever grow and using mars blurples. Image1518482564.378725.jpg Image1518482576.985346.jpg
    i also transplant them twice and very heavily defol all the way through veg and bloom. autos have come a long way mate, this isnt the 90s anymore lol.
    thats the same plant in a 1m x 1m tent, the res you can see is 40cm wide. top shot is camera flash, bottom is with the blurples on. got over 600g from her and i know a fair few folk that can get them a whole load bigger than i can

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  6. IMG_3564.JPG
    and heres one of them. he only used a 15L coco pot for that one. same genetics i use but hes a fuckin jedi and hes got better lights. autos are undeniably a little weaker than their photo counterparts due to them being bred with ruderialis to make them flower under any light shedule but theyre still more than strong enough and both the plants ive just shown were done in under 110 days .

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wow I dream about mine getting that big !

Well done

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. Heres a lil update on the ladies tonight . I have so many so I'll show a few tonight . [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. Durban poison. And special skunk [​IMG] 1518310169059.jpg

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  10. thanks bud its honestly not hard just gotta use a lot of light.

• Like Like x 1
  11. not really a myth its a game of chance ive seen topped one yeild sweet fuck all yet the untopped in same grow yeild more.

some autos can take it and its about timing when you do it

due to not being able to control flower you cant always top some strai t ive grown pre flowered at 14 days thats no time to recover but other strains you get more time to topp if you wish but i prefere proper training looking in to the science why a plant reacts the way it does and realise you can achive a topping effect with out ever toping the plant at all.
    and is that just the one auto youve topped or can yoy show more and simila results?? if not it could have been a fluke if you can consistantly get the same results

but cant say its a myth when theres years of failures and alot fewer successes.

heres one i didnt topp but used other techniques to achive a even canopy

1518515113237.png

• Like Like x 3
  12. yeah like i said some can tske it a 110 fay plant can but a 62 day one porpbly would not yeild well its all about what ya growih some aint ment tonyeild alot but if ya dealing with Dutch passion autos and other super autos then yeah you probly can top but you wanna get it right ive accidently topped a plant and yeah it yeilded well. but you can yeild well without topping

• Like Like x 2
  13. #29193 Spanish@rcher, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    IMG_3537.JPG
    that was my first grow. stunted for first 3 weeks cause i never cleaned my rockwool then topped the fourth of. learned a lot from a guy called autobeast on another forum and he tops every single one of them. any auto will flower faster and finish quicker in a smaller pot, especially in soil but last longer in a bigger pot or in hydro. just the way they work. if your gonna use 60 day strains in small soil pots then theyre gonna finish rapid and common sense would say to leave them alone as much as possible. take the same strain and air prune the roots then give them a decent media with plenty, light, space and oxygen to the roots though and they’ll grow a lot faster and longer. therefor having the time to recover and produce a better yield. the guy that taught me how to use my nft res ‘kushnft’ throws all sorts in and the smallest ive seen him pull was around 200g. its not the size of the plant mate its what you do with it that counts. some strains are useless, tiny and barely worth smoking but that would be the growers fault for buying them lol. oh and heres my current photo, planted on 14/12 so i know what im doing, definately not a fluke 4a5738e5-cad0-4749-9542-49d5954f3ded.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  14. i wont argue that the same results can be achieved without topping though. thats a nice plant. i just dont want any nasty over sized colas popping up. after i fucked up my first one i practiced my start up techniques with a spare light on about 15 plants just keeping them in 4” grodans and they all done really well and recovered from topping no worries. was mostly stone dragons as i got some freebies and theyre pretty small but once i sussed the timing it never slowed them down at all. just gotta trial and error things untill you find the sweet spot... and dont grow shitty 8 week plants if you want a decent yield lol.

• Like Like x 3
  15. true but youll get someone going why didnt my plant grow like yours i topped it i put it in a 8l pot though it was gonna yeild a pound at least trust me. too many ppl will just do what they read. so in the first instance i advise not topping cause topping autos is harder than photos theres a time to top autos and most do get that one strain can ve topped and another cant or wont like it.

like you say a 8 week plant cant recover.

i mostly grow in soil as i prefere the taste and only grow DP dina fem or mephisto autos tho i see DP have got something else with another seed company so a few of them might be cool to test run.

then you have thoese that get pissy at an auto itntakes more than 10 weeks cause in there eyes they might as well of grown a photo been in gc 5 years and seen quite alot and had ppl juat go and top thee auto cause they were told too but clearly didnt look into it then pming me how to save it or make the best of it. as i have a auto help page for years.

just be nice if ppl tell them to top there plants told them the correct way and if its gonna work on there strain ect ect.

• Like Like x 3
  16. fair one mate ill draw a line and accept that .
    im also a dp dinafemer . both those plants were a/u. got a bunch of seeds off them on my last forum but had a few issues and someone sussed out who i was so just abandoned ship and learned a valuble lesson about mentioning personal details lol. im in scotland so not legal :( almost is where i live but you still get a fine and lose your gear. do we have a dutch passion or dinafem rep on here actually? should really get a journal up. got all the pics of my grow so far. was planning to run dinafem aswell but my ultimate outgrew its surroundings so had to bail on the D for now. gonna start a couple coco pots to fill my corners but be deliberately stunting them to keep em small.
    yeah dp use seedtockers. not all of them are dp though. says on their page somewhere that they use a few breeders so just gotta try cross reference the strains and figure out whats what. same seeds though and they cost pennies. i’ll take in your advice though mate. i just like to show folk how easy it is to increase your yields. gotta know your shit to do it in soil, more thought goes into a batch of organic soil than i put into my whole grow. i just follow numbers on sticks and use a lot of wattage. bits turn yellow and i up the dosage accordingly and thats really all there is too it. sorry if i come across a bit aggro, im scottish so were all a bit itchy at the minuit lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. haha im uk too but in the south
    dp has no rep here but tony from dp is the guy you wanna talk to show him some of ya plants im sure theyll semd you the new test seeds. im currently testing our mephistos 2018 march release seeds.
    auto ultimate is a crazy auto with yeilds of upto 37oz (1028g) its nuts ive grown them when they first released i found there varigated pheno to yeild really well.

dunno what one you were on before but dp have reps on AFN i believe.

hit up on the auto help page another experienced auto grower is always helpful(plus i dont do hydro) its my thread in the sticky section
    and ive seen ya ok uk growers unite aswell :)
    yeah i grow organic soil but for me i find it easy i see hydro as harder lol phing shit i just add water every few days some times make an organic tea.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hey Spanish@rcher, interesting exchange. Good to hear you and Loki talk on these points. I have a DP Think Different in a 10 gal smartpot now. She's just under 3 weeks old. Using a Mars II 400 in a 70 x 70 x 160 cm tent. There's also a Nirvana Blue Mystic Auto in a dixie cup in there. Using a Coot's amended no till soil. I was debating whether I would take a chance on topping the Think Different to attempt a scroG, or let her grow naturally. Obviously, I want the most yield I can get for what I have to work with. But I'm confused about whether it would be counter-productive putting more than 1 plant in that 10 gal pot in order to max out a scroG, or to just keep it to 1 plant? I'm was originally thinking to put that Blue Mystic outside in my other garden, especially as she is so much smaller in stature than the DP Think Diff. What do you guys think?

20180214_080344.jpg
    20180214_080451.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. yeah man tony is a legend. asked for strain advice as wanted to try photos and he sent me 5 packs lol. i can only grow one at a time so take me about 12 years to get through them all. that kg a/u was the one i studied before getting my set up. got the same nutes as he uses theyre bloody extortionate but do the job. i drink a lot of buckfast, its full of caffiene so gets me a bit argumentative sometimes so if im being a dick just tell me to go to bed lol. in terms of quality organics does look a lot better. i thought about it for a while but there just seems so much to think about when making up the soil amd fartin about growing bacteria n stuff. thats some size of pot youve got there kofidog! ive seen a few people do multiples with mixed results. sometimes it works. sometimes they end up with a dominant so the other ends up with deficits which are hard to fix without toxing the healthy plant . i would just stick to one set of roots, it can be done but its risky. ill go fond your auto thread for a perv just now mate :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. wether or not to top. right how to answer this properly then. if your plants on its 4th node by day 17 from seed then its growing at full pelt and doing it then wont slow it down. doing it before or after that point might lose you a few days growth. its all in the timing. its not neccesary to top to create an even canopy, lst will work just aswell as you can see in lokis pic a few scrolls up. i do it because it allows me to create a clock shape that i find easier to manage than worrying about whats happening at the main cola end.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1

Grasscity Deals Near You